Fantastic weekend.on munty

team tractor

After watching for a while on camera and sorting out the high seat I made my way up to have a look with the .243 . 

Within 10 minutes I had the biggest badger walk past me that I’d even seen . It was 3’ long and huge. 

Within another hour I had this doe pop out to say hello around 90 yards , down she went.  I got down my high seat and started to walk over when the buck stepped out :) at 80 yards and stared at me .  I hadn’t taken my sticks so I had to shoot him free hand standing. To say I’m chuffed is an understatement.

The landowner is happy as they’ve been hammering his young trees and destroying his efforts. 

I do love my howa . 

E5AC0C30-E7CC-41B6-98BB-C8A940DA82C7.jpeg

Edited by team tractor

Yep, thought so. With present temps you need to get it cut up and sorted.  I'm not shooting any at the moment, freezer full to the lid anyway and will wait until cooler times.

Try butterflying one of those back straps and stuffing it with wildboar and cranberry pate, I got it from Aldi.  Wrap it in smoked streaky bacon.  I think I put a bit on here about it.

Awesome hot and cold.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, thought so. With present temps you need to get it cut up and sorted.  I'm not shooting any at the moment, freezer full to the lid anyway and will wait until cooler times.

Try butterflying one of those back straps and stuffing it with wildboar and cranberry pate, I got it from Aldi.  Wrap it in smoked streaky bacon.  I think I put a bit on here about it.

Awesome hot and cold.

Oooo sounds tasty. I’m on it :) 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

Nice one TT,

i knobbled one the other night, small buck in velvet, 2 of them walking through cover crop 150 yards off. Burger making weekend.  

Oooo I need some burgers dude 😎

Sort me a few out please

2 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Cracking job mate, well done :good:

Cheers