.204 Ruger

This morning, I tested some rounds I made up to see how good (or bad) they would be. I reloaded 32gr Sierra Blitzking and 32gr Hornady V max. I used 27gr of H4895, which is the starting load, and was pleased to see that both bullets were as accurate as each other. No need to increase the powder. After firing approx 35, I reloaded the rest this afternoon, and the final count was 246. They should last me a while.:yes:

How often do you find that a load is most accurate at a slightly slower speed,?  Many times I have found that in over 40yrs of loading my own.   We all go through the 'MAXIMUM SPEED' thing when we start but to be honest if the shot is accurate then the 'customer' will not even notice the difference.  BIG discussion on th Shooting Forum at the moment on the advantages of a 150gr bullet over a 130gr bullet in a 270Win and the same applies, the 'customer' will not notice the difference. They get very anal about these things over the pond.

Now don't go wasting any more on paper, soft and furry only:good:

Edited by Walker570

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

How often do you find that a load is most accurate at a slightly slower speed,?  Many times I have found that in over 40yrs of loading my own.   We all go through the 'MAXIMUM SPEED' thing when we start but to be honest if the shot is accurate then the 'customer' will not even notice the difference.  BIG discussion on th Shooting Forum at the moment on the advantages of a 150gr bullet over a 130gr bullet in a 270Win and the same applies, the 'customer' will not notice the difference. They get very anal about these things over the pond.

Now don't go wasting any more on paper, soft and furry only:good:

I remember reloading for my .22-250 and tried working a load from the minimum to almost maximum. I ended up going just above minimum, which suited the rifle, and, my pocket.

Now for the soft 'n furry brigade.:)

12 hours ago, Dougy said:

Steve have you got an ultra sonic cleaner? 

Maybe just bite the bullet and buy some walnut media, ive had mine in for over 10 years. Didnt know there was a shelf life with it !

Yes, I have one, and use it to good effect. Before tumbling the cases, if they need doing, I soak the cases in Birchwood Casey Brass cleaner (excellent stuff) for 10-15 minutes, then put them in the sonic cleaner. This removes 99% of the powder residue etc. Regarding the walnut media, I think there isn't a shelf life, I just changed it because I'd had it for many years. I so intend buying some more soon.