Hawke Scopes for NV use

beanieboy

Had to let my beloved 8 x 50 Kahles go and replace it with the recommended Hawke Airmax 30 SF 3-12x50 for NV use on my .223. It's a pretty decent scope during the day (not as good as the Kahles) and is very good with the Pard 007. I was about to buy a second Airmax to replace a Docter scope on my .17 WSM, when I noticed a Hawke Endurance SF 5-15x50 (25mm) going for £100 less than the Airmax. I bought it and I have to say the optics, in my opinion, are more crisp and clean on the Endurance. Both are equally good with the Pard. So if you're after a scope for your Pard, have a look at the slightly older Endurance....it's also shorter and lighter than the Airmax.

Good to know.
Just a little advice on using a 007 with certain scopes, low magnification generally works best, although you might get away with 8x on certain reticules, quite often that old 3-9 x40 can work better than some higher end stuff.
3 and 4 x is generally best unless you have the newer type Pard with 12 mm lens.

One thing to avoid when using a 007,  FFP reticules , even at the lowest mag, it makes the ret MASSIVE , its not totally unusable, but its not good either.

21 minutes ago, beanieboy said:

Had to let my beloved 8 x 50 Kahles go and replace it with the recommended Hawke Airmax 30 SF 3-12x50 for NV use on my .223. It's a pretty decent scope during the day (not as good as the Kahles) and is very good with the Pard 007. I was about to buy a second Airmax to replace a Docter scope on my .17 WSM, when I noticed a Hawke Endurance SF 5-15x50 (25mm) going for £100 less than the Airmax. I bought it and I have to say the optics, in my opinion, are more crisp and clean on the Endurance. Both are equally good with the Pard. So if you're after a scope for your Pard, have a look at the slightly older Endurance....it's also shorter and lighter than the Airmax.

All Hawke scopes are good, but the Endurance range are excellent. I've got an Endurance 30 WA SF (4-16 x 50) and it works well with my PARD 007.

Just received my Hawke Vantage SF back from Hawke, l went rrr's over apex last weekend and the the rifle hit the ground hard, scope sent to Hawke on Tuesday for repair, received back this morning with a clean bill of health and all gratis, service department kept me informed from receipt to dispatch.

lt's also excellent with NV.

Top service and a top scope.

Edited by Pigeon Shredder.
Edition.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Good to know.
Just a little advice on using a 007 with certain scopes, low magnification generally works best, although you might get away with 8x on certain reticules, quite often that old 3-9 x40 can work better than some higher end stuff.
3 and 4 x is generally best unless you have the newer type Pard with 12 mm lens.

One thing to avoid when using a 007,  FFP reticules , even at the lowest mag, it makes the ret MASSIVE , its not totally unusable, but its not good either.

I generally keep both scopes at relatively low mag, however I find that using a stronger IR like the Solaris SRX affords me the flexibility to increase scope mag to 7x/8x whilst still retaining a clear image.

I have the Hawke Eclipse 2.5 to 10 x 56 on my 22BR T/C Encore and using one of DaveGs NV units I normally start on minimal magnification, easier to pick up the target after finding it on the spotter and then I can zoom in as far as I need to and even on max 10 power the clarity stays the same although I rarely need to go that high.  Don't seem to get any complaints from the customers:no::)