Robbing insurance company's

Dougy

Truck insurance is due on the 19th and I'd had a renewal quote of £721 from last year's company Adrian flux. Rather high for my liking so I looked for a few quotes, found a few less than 1/2 the price with all the same benefits  as the previous. Mr Flux came back with the same cover for £372 cheaper than their 1st quote of £721. 

"Would you like to renew your cover with us Mr dougy now weve reduced our original price by £372" ???

Shove your insurance where you squeeze your "G" string

How many time do these company's get away with this type of robbery. 

happens everywhere............i went with flux 2 years ago.......£120 fully comp.....this year they sent a renewal thro ....it had dropped to £97 fully comp...........saga did the same thing to me a few years ago...and on the 3rd year it TRIPLED...........so i will see what flux does next year ......

42 minutes ago, ditchman said:

happens everywhere............i went with flux 2 years ago.......£120 fully comp.....this year they sent a renewal thro ....it had dropped to £97 fully comp...........saga did the same thing to me a few years ago...and on the 3rd year it TRIPLED...........so i will see what flux does next year ......

£97 a year....... insanely cheap I pay £800.

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

one of the worst robbing b******** was NFU.........i had been with them for 10 years ..then all of a sudden it went up by 60%...phoned them ...they didnt give a toss.....

Ah... yes they have lost tens millions in investments, or more over the last few years, another worthless organisation 

22 hours ago, cuffy said:

I'm with nfu , goes down by a few quid every year .

I have had similar with the NFU (both vehicles and house) and have found them very good on the (rare) times I have made a claim.  Last year the hosue went up - by less than 1% - and the vehicles came down.   I always look at it an compare to previous years - and if I think it is in need to negotiation - I pick up the phone ......

My House/contents renewal quote with NFU just went up by 50% - probably because the farmhouse over the road was done and they want to get their money back. After I informed them quite clearly that I would not be taking up their generous offer and to remove me completely from any further communication, their accounts department  then proceeded to ignore all my rights under GDPR and try and email me with a bill.

I USED to think that the NFU were pretty decent.

10 hours ago, Harnser said:

I have my truck and my wife’s Astra insured on one policy with aviva . The cost is £500 per year .A price I am happy with I did try else where on renewal and couldn’t beat it .

harnset

when i had my disco' (new ones)...well they were then....i tried aviva...got quoted £843 quid.............anyway i ended up going thro an agent in norwich  and they came back with an even more complete deal including recovery.............at £280 quid so i said fine and went ahead...just before i put the phone down i said "by the way ...who is it with"..?

agent said Aviva.....................how the hell do you work that one out then ?

Lost our Shogun in Echo,Arena fire 18 months ago

insured with Admiral .......was Churchill for years before that but went up,stupidly. Paid out within 10 days

renewal,was due 2 months later....interim paid difference for replacement XC90

renewal time the premium had trebled....queried and it then doubled

went on comparison site....cheapest?....CHURCHILL ! And it was less than we had been paying Admiral

renewal this year price had gone down again,,!!

On 10 June 2019 at 20:01, Dougy said:

Truck insurance is due on the 19th and I'd had a renewal quote of £721 from last year's company Adrian flux. Rather high for my liking so I looked for a few quotes, found a few less than 1/2 the price with all the same benefits  as the previous. Mr Flux came back with the same cover for £372 cheaper than their 1st quote of £721. 

"Would you like to renew your cover with us Mr dougy now weve reduced our original price by £372" ???

Shove your insurance where you squeeze your "G" string

How many time do these company's get away with this type of robbery. 

I think you will find Flux is a broker not a registered insurer. They (Flux) will have passed on the insurers renewal quote although Flux should have checked your risk against the other insurers they use. Whilst I sympathise with your situation Flux earns commission from your policy and if he gives you a much lower rate his earnings reduce substantially.

3 hours ago, norfolk dumpling said:

I think you will find Flux is a broker not a registered insurer. They (Flux) will have passed on the insurers renewal quote although Flux should have checked your risk against the other insurers they use. Whilst I sympathise with your situation Flux earns commission from your policy and if he gives you a much lower rate his earnings reduce substantially.

Yes. The commission was 40%. 

Too much for my liking. 

On 12 June 2019 at 23:22, ditchman said:

when i had my disco' (new ones)...well they were then....i tried aviva...got quoted £843 quid.............anyway i ended up going thro an agent in norwich  and they came back with an even more complete deal including recovery.............at £280 quid so i said fine and went ahead...just before i put the phone down i said "by the way ...who is it with"..?

agent said Aviva.....................how the hell do you work that one out then ?

• They were on Norwich Union prices. :lol:

Insurance market is a mess and has been for years, poor corporate governance, lack of understanding by insurers of aggregators, people trying to underprice business to pile it in assuming it will stick at renewal, poor loss performance, changes on liability modelling due to Ogden report, however this is all coming home to roost.  Most insurers are re-writing their books based on data finally being managed hence weird changes, however volatility will gradually reduce and swashbuckling if old won’t come back, through regulatory oversight and better management.  The failure of many poorly capitalised off shore insurers and rise in uninsured drivers who are bailed out by MID is resulting in levy increasing which will cost everyone more money.