The BBC Scraping The Free Over 75 License ???

marsh man

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

100%  One wonders how much the Beeb is paying that bovine female Brand for spouting utter garbage AND there are people about who think she's funny, there again frighteningly there are people about who have voted for Corbyn who has sucked off the front gland of the public purse all his adult life.

hello, i know a female  comedy/writer who just a few years back got paid £3,000 for 1 game show

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not so much how much the BBC pay them it's how much their profile is raised and how much they can claim to present commercial gigs.

One evening presenting something like "Sausage Retailer of the Year Awards" could earn you 10K, thats for someone you might recognise as having been on Mock the Week a few times, a big name could be 40K for one night.

On 14/06/2019 at 12:14, Muddy Funker said:

👍🏻

I don't have a sky subscription, what I do have is Netflix, amazon prime and a 4k blu ray player, plus all the on demand channels. 

I'm never stuck for content to watch. I've no idea why anyone should pay a provider like sky or virgin for a TV subscription and then be forced to pay a fee to the BBC even if not watching their programs, how is that even allowed? 

Simply put, behind closed doors it's an organ of the state and allowed free reign.

What does it cost the BBC to give free licences? Nothing! Charging for licences that were formerly free, adds a significant amount to the BBC's income stream.....paid for courtesy of the old, possibly sick and vulnerable!

If the BBC tell you they can't afford to maintain free licences for the over 75's, they are lying! It costs em nowt! They are just choosing to spend their money they already have on something else!