wild broods soaked

Two days of continual rain here, best of luck to the wild pheasant and partridge chicks, most low lying fields holding water, and the woods not much better.

Temperature at the moment is well down, just been out with the dog and you can see your breath, couldn't have come at a worse time.

10 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Well yes, we do feed a regular cock & his various ladies most days, he is almost tame 

And that stops them being wild? 

I feed plenty of birds in the garden there almost tame take food out of my hand doesn’t stop them being wild just means there brave enough to take easy food or just plain hungry 

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

They are a lot more resilient than we believe, particularly partridge.  I have to see a brood yet here but the hens which where always on the feeders are not about but the cock birds are which may mean they are still sitting...hope so.

Yeah I hope so too.........rain continued overnight, and still raining here now, the insect life for all birds will be affected by this prolonged wet spell, forecast says no real improvement until the weekend........not very warm either.

Still raining here, I would imagine most swallow, house martin and swift chicks will be really struggling now, the atmosphere has been fat too wet to support any flying insects in this area for about 4-5 days now, hopefully they will try again if first broods fail, (weather permitting).............as for the game bird chicks, well most hedge bottoms are holding water locally, and the lower lying meadows are brilliant duck splashes at the moment.