What to expect from BoJo... hypocrisy?

henry d

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Isn’t it just libellous if it’s untrue?

But it's not untrue and that's why someone can write this without any fear of being subject to any kind of a law suit. Or do you think that Boris is such a large- hearted chap that he's happy for people to calculatedly slander him untruthfully in order to undermine his bid for leadership of the Conservative Party?

No, politics in Britain is at its lowest ebb at least since the1700s. The Labour Party is stacked with incompetents, but the upper reaches of the Conservatives are stacked with spivs, placeholders and rentiers who are equally as incompetent as their Labour counterparts, if not more so. Sound bites have replaced policy as political currency and nobody cares any more if what politicians say is even believable, never mind workable. In fact, the more outrageous the better - it sells more clicks.

This whole charade is making us the laughing stock of the world. It's shaming.

4 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

This whole charade is making us the laughing stock of the world. It's shaming

What makes you think the rest of the worlds any different? 

Just because you live and work in a country where nobody dare criticise its leaders 😂

2 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

But it's not untrue and that's why someone can write this without any fear of being subject to any kind of a law suit. Or do you think that Boris is such a large- hearted chap that he's happy for people to calculatedly slander him untruthfully in order to undermine his bid for leadership of the Conservative Party?

No, politics in Britain is at its lowest ebb at least since the1700s. The Labour Party is stacked with incompetents, but the upper reaches of the Conservatives are stacked with spivs, placeholders and rentiers who are equally as incompetent as their Labour counterparts, if not more so. Sound bites have replaced policy as political currency and nobody cares any more if what politicians say is even believable, never mind workable. In fact, the more outrageous the better - it sells more clicks.

This whole charade is making us the laughing stock of the world. It's shaming.

Ok, if you say so ; i just don’t know ( or is that care ? ) what anyone is expected to do about it.

Boris is still the only one I’d have a pint with. 🙂

Just now, Rewulf said:

Just because you live and work in a country where nobody dare criticise its leaders 😂

That’s a fair point! 😃

Just now, Rewulf said:

So you don't deny it then? And if your standards of political competence and integrity are being measured against Saudi Arabia, then God help the UK!

So you don't deny it then? And if your standards of political competence and integrity are being measured against Saudi Arabia, then God help the UK!

😆 Im not the one working there !

We ,as a country earn billions out of Saudi, do you think the political class give a monkeys what level of 'integrity' they have ?
Even Corby keeps his gob shut on that one.

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

or is that care

But it's your duty to care. 

Anyway, never mind. I'm guessing that if Boris gets in, he'll revoke Article 50 on some pretext or other. Here's the choice:-

a) A big headline drama with no negative economic consequences and BJ centre stage - what's not to like?

b) A massively traumatic economic experience for the whole country and there'll be no escaping the blame.

You're a lazy egotist. Which one do you opt for?

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

😆 Im not the one working there !

We ,as a country earn billions out of Saudi, do you think the political class give a monkeys what level of 'integrity' they have ?
Even Corby keeps his gob shut on that one.

Where I work (from necessity) is irrelevant. You are the one who is happy to even compare Britain and Saudi.

Where I work (from necessity) is irrelevant. You are the one who is happy to even compare Britain and Saudi.

I said I was happy , where ?

You work there, you get paid well , YOU are the one thats happy.

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

The above choice must have been authored by Diane Abbott.

image.jpeg.6819d47508468578a444604d17d021ac.jpeg

Just now, Rewulf said:

I said I was happy , where ?

You work there, you get paid well , YOU are the one thats happy.

I work in Saudi because given my age and qualifications I'd struggle to get a job anywhere else that would enable me to provide for my family. If you think that I'm happy about that then you don't know me. Besides which, why bring my personal situation into what is a generic political discussion? Running out of arguments, or what?

25 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I work in Saudi because given my age and qualifications I'd struggle to get a job anywhere else that would enable me to provide for my family. If you think that I'm happy about that then you don't know me. Besides which, why bring my personal situation into what is a generic political discussion? Running out of arguments, or what?

No, I dont  know you, Ive already expressed my sympathy for your situation.

But you bought up the comparison of how terrible a country Saudi is, yet you take their money , the thread is about hypocrisy.

I can't beleive some people are implying BJ is getting into the job without a vote or mandate.

It seems trendy to ignore the fact the replacement Tory leader is arriving as a result of a tory party election - after publishing a mandate.

32 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

But it's your duty to care. 

Anyway, never mind. I'm guessing that if Boris gets in, he'll revoke Article 50 on some pretext or other. Here's the choice:-

a) A big headline drama with no negative economic consequences and BJ centre stage - what's not to like?

b) A massively traumatic economic experience for the whole country and there'll be no escaping the blame.

You're a lazy egotist. Which one do you opt for?

Considering the reputation of the regime of the country in which you’re working, I’m not sure you’re in much of a position to tell me that I have a duty to care? 😀

Does that make me a lazy egotist?🤔

Boris will get in; who else is there? That doesn’t mean I’ll be voting Tory at the next GE. Interesting times ahead. 👍

Let’s not forget this is British politics so based on recent events pretty much anything could happen. 

Who knows if deep down Boris was hoping the vote blocking no deal would go through today.

He backed away previously and even if he’s committed to the job this time he has still got to overcome his TBD opponent (and himself). I wouldn’t be going large on either outcome with my hard earned...

Whatever, whoever - it makes no difference. The situation stays the same. The only interesting thing for me ( other than the state of my sterling pension) is whether, when the economic wheels start to seize up big time (which a no deal Brexit guarantees), the people who've been gulled by the no-deal Brexit **** turn on their handlers. The alternative is that they keep drinking the Kool Aid and get directed to blame someone else. Let's face it, no matter what you can always find someone else to blame. That's just how it works so it's probably the more likely outcome 

Also interesting to see will be whether the up to now essentially passive Remain camp stays passive when the economic rubber eventually hits the road and heads for the ditch big time. Probably they will -  a case of vulgus ignavum et nihil ultra verba ausurum but you never know.

Interesting times....

9 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Whatever, whoever - it makes no difference. The situation stays the same. The only interesting thing for me ( other than the state of my sterling pension) is whether, when the economic wheels start to seize up big time (which a no deal Brexit guarantees), the people who've been gulled by the no-deal Brexit **** turn on their handlers. The alternative is that they keep drinking the Kool Aid and get directed to blame someone else. Let's face it, no matter what you can always find someone else to blame. That's just how it works so it's probably the more likely outcome 

Also interesting to see will be whether the up to now essentially passive Remain camp stays passive when the economic rubber eventually hits the road and heads for the ditch big time. Probably they will -  a case of vulgus ignavum et nihil ultra verba ausurum but you never know.

Interesting times....

I'm genuinely hoping and wishing for a no deal brexit, and have done so from the outset, and have said so, no matter what the consequences. I wont be holding anyone responsible. 

Edited by Scully

33 minutes ago, Scully said:

Considering the reputation of the regime of the country in which you’re working, I’m not sure you’re in much of a position to tell me that I have a duty to care? 😀

It's not  reputation, it's real.

34 minutes ago, Scully said:

Does that make me a lazy egotist?🤔

Of course, I was referring to Boris not yourself.

Do you know the worst thing about the Brexit issue? I find myself at odds with  people I know are AOK