What to expect from BoJo... hypocrisy?

henry d

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Mighty Ruler said:

Rory seems to have dropped the claim that he served in the army ( 5 months probation doesn’t count as serving ) but does anyone know who’s decision it was no to sign on properly, his or the army’s?

I believe it was a student short service commission which would have ended when he left Uni

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Rambling , incoherent, sycophantic  mouth breathing, saying nothing that isnt blatently obvious.

Nothing has changed in the interim then

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Rambling , incoherent, sycophantic  mouth breathing, saying nothing that isnt blatently obvious.

The comments about access to finance is very astute and bang on. Finances among family and friends in Africa is like a merry go round, difficult to keep up with from an outsiders perspective. Formal loans and mortgages typically face ridiculous rates of interest. When a circle of people exhaust their finance balancing then informal Shylocks are engaged (with eye-watering fees).

Got any specifics on what you dislike or are at variance with?

31 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

In a nutshell, he used many words without really saying a lot, I could imagine it droning on.

"Probably the most useful hour that I’ve spent recently was the hour I spent at breakfast this morning.

So, while I was sitting there working my way through my bowl of Frosties and my banana this morning, I was able to hear from an extraordinary variety of different people running businesses in Africa."

Seriously ?

4 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

The comments about access to finance is very astute and bang on. Finances among family and friends in Africa is like a merry go round, difficult to keep up with from an outsiders perspective. Formal loans and mortgages typically face ridiculous rates of interest. When a circle of people exhaust their finance balancing then informal Shylocks are engaged (with eye-watering fees).

From my perspective I fear his Gollum like features make him unappealing to the masses, an inevitable figure of ridicule, and unelectable. It appears his peers agree.

He doesn't have a TV face, nor demeanour which will come across well. I don't think he is very bright as his solution to Brexit is naïve in the extreme. To those who believe he is very bright - he is also very stupid.

If all the others gang up to stop Boris, mathematically he will still be in the last two. There will be only one winner.

Scully - in the mid 1990s, I had lunch with William Hague. Articulate, humorous, self deprecating. I liked him, but never saw him as Prime Minister material.

Edited by Gordon R

• 2 years later...

The media seem to have realised that their nostalgia for a Churchillian leader is not going to be fulfilled by BoJo’s unique brand of faux-intellectual brassiness. 

I thought the vaccine development and procurement victories would give him enough political capital to see it to or even through the next election. Now I can’t see him being here next Christmas. His lack of leadership is a liability and the Conservatives look like bland interim management rather than the political visionaries of the brave new world. I would be happy with Theresa May back, I actually agreed with her on lots. Especially the vote on fox hunting. She was happy (or deluded?) to hold an unpopular opinion, rather than flip flop to say whatever it is thought the public or cronies want to hear. 

I think if Boris got a grip of our migrant crisis, he'd be one of the best politicians we've had in years. But I believe that issue along could make or break him and the Conservatives. 

My other concern is delivery of brexit, we need to pull N Ireland back out of Europe, it's not part of the EU, its part of the UK and sort the French out with their delusional claims on our fish.