Brexit - merged threads

scouser

What's this confirming vote your on about Raja?

The people voted in a democratic vote, the government made a promise to deliver made article 50 law and then done everything to besmirch the will of the people who voted. 

And you don't like Farage because you think he is one dimensional.  Are the others different?

I hope the Brexit party get the votes and we get he Brexit we voted for.

If there was another vote and the result was the same, what then another and then another because it wasn't result the government remainders wanted.

We had a democratic vote, get on with leaving without a deal. We don't need a deal.

Edited by figgy

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Rewulf said:

Mays 'new' Brexit deal speech has just handed a whole lot more votes to Farage.

Shocking stuff...

QUITE SO........................im just spittin blood and feathers..................that woman is on a different planet....................im sure diane abbot could do a better job....at least she is consistant

Theresa May has been busy working on a “bold offer” as a final throw of the dice to try to get her Brexit Deal through. This morning the Cabinet found out what it is. Early reports suggest that her big plan is to keep all the hated parts of her deal but make them even harder for her successor to escape…

A number of previously proposed amendments are expected to be written into the Bill, there will be a regulatory lock between GB and NI, and Parliament will supposedly get a say over whether the backstop comes into force. The problem is that many of these different measures not only contradict themselves, they also contradict the core terms of the treaty. Most problematically, MPs will get a veto over any future tweaks to the UK’s negotiating objectives to the ‘future relationship’…

MPs will have to wait to see the text before reaching their conclusions, the initial signs are the only bold offerings are aimed largely at Labour and Remainer MPs. Nick Boles has welcomed it as having “a lot of big wins for Labour” and a “substantial achievement for their negotiating team”. The ‘concessions’ to Brexiteers look like window dressing that will fall away when the push of the legal text comes to shove. If Brexiteer switchers were looking for an excuse to switch back to opposing the deal, May looks to be giving them the perfect opportunity…

No one is really that worried about the details of the deal, it is being seen by all sides as a last roll of the dice before she goes. Tory MPs Guido spoke to are completely dismissive…

Source: Guido Fawkes

She is still intent on betraying democracy! Sooner she goes, the better!

Lots on here are Intelligent and are sick of being treated like fools by the politicos. 

Even a remainer must think what are the sodding parties doing no matter which one you support. They are all rotten to the core.

5 minutes ago, figgy said:

Lots on here are Intelligent and are sick of being treated like fools by the politicos. 

Even a remainer must think what are the sodding parties doing no matter which one you support. They are all rotten to the core.

Certainly wondering. Even a Brexiteer must think this is a mess.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7052673/Mays-cabinet-war-No-Deal-Andrea-Leadsom-says-Britain-leave-EU-October-31.html?ico=pushly-notifcation-small

Let me get this straight , if MPs vote to pass her WAB , then they get to vote on whether to have a 2nd referendum ?
Surely if the horrific Barnier bill gets passed , we leave with the worst deal possible, so how does a second referendum entice the remain MPs ?

Its the topsy turvy world of Westminster.

Mays leaving, and I think she wants to take the tories down as she goes, maybe the country with it ?

im picking up fag ends now as i couldnt listen to it anymore......................all that i can hear in my mind now is 2nd referendum and customs union...............

she has single handerly brought the conservertives and labour.......parties to face the dustbin of history..........wriley thinking it is the biggest favour she could have done to this country............

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

How do you know this ?
If you dont vote for a party like Brexit, how are you going to get what you actually voted for in the referendum ? Certainly the cons and labour arent going to do it are they ? The libs, greens and change arent going to do it.
Try to rationalise your thinking on this, I know its difficult because youre not a leaver, and you hate Farage, but if you want to achieve something, and only one person is offering to deliver it, you dont cut your nose off to spite your face, just because you dont like his.

The answer is out there if you look, plenty of data to support the statement.

But you're a leaver telling me to rationalise my thinking, there is a certain duality in this, no? Anyway what you are saying is flawed, you're coming at it from a firm position of leave. So, yes for the ~1/3 that are / were firm leavers it makes logical sense to go Brexit Party / UKIP but the logic does not extrapolate to everyone who voted leave 3 years ago. Some people who voted Brexit will not vote for a Brexit Party advocating WTO Brexit for a number of reasons, one of which is that they don't like your Nigel. The flip side of course is that there will be people who voted remain that will vote for the Brexit Party because they either changed their mind or are fed up with the situation we are now in.

You do realise that sometimes you dont have to say the exact words, but your disgust at having to watch the speech was evident, there you go 'disgust' you didnt say that either 
So is it 'all in my head' ?

I think you sometimes take this notion of a cat from outer space with an all seeing eye just a little bit too far.

Have you ever watched PMQ s or QT , this is standard political debate in the 21st century !
I think he is quite clear what he means, you can try to negate or dilute it by labelling it 'far right' or 'populist' but the proof will ultimately be in the pudding.

Of course I have. And I'm not labelling it anything of the sort, but wait, my protestations are in vain, because you actually know what I'm thinking better than I do.

Theres a clue in the name ^^

Which version, exactly?

Why is that then ?
Surely the EU elections are a great platform for all those remainers to show the strength of their numbers ?

Time will tell, I suspect some will dismiss the idea that this is Brexit referendum #2 - interesting point that, one one hand Brexiteers say to hell with a second vote and on the other something rather contradictory.

Okaaay , so if hes not lying , hes telling the truth, and yes, I like to hear the truth, makes a change after being lied to by mainstream politicos over the past 3 years.
So if HES telling the truth, are not the remain politicos lying, or perhaps bending the truth somewhat ?

You see therein lies the problem, most of Westminster have been feeding the electorate a diet of faeces for the past 3 years , believing them too stupid or disinterested to notice.
But people have noticed, and most people are not stupid, and now people (just like me) have become VERY interested in what those 650 salaries and expense accounts are doing these days.
Politics IS going to change, because their blatent attempt at subverting democracy has woken up people, and theyre not happy.

Time will tell, but I reckon that Farage will turn out to be the false prophet on Brexit and in the fall-out try to pass on the blame to others driving further hatred and fragementation of our country.

50 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

To LEAVE the EU? Something we have ALREADY voted for, and been ignored by the  politicians you seem to admire? 

Under which terms? Where have I stated admiration for any Politicians?

Pot and kettle?

oowee and raja - two very strange people. I can't agree with much of the twaddle that either post, but this is not an attack on them - merely an observation. The Brexit party is popular, because they speak the language that many want to hear, but that isn't enough for dumb and dumber. Attack Farage - he is a danger to the Remain "elite". Thursday can't come soon enough. Wait for the Remainers trying to put a positive spin on the results.

Beat me to it, pigeon watch gold

Burnley Dave was PW gold. That rather silly comment doesn't even qualify as mildly amusing.

33 minutes ago, figgy said:

I hope the Brexit party get the votes and we get he Brexit we voted for.

Which version of Brexit is that?

If there was another vote and the result was the same, what then another and then another because it wasn't result the government remainders wanted.

You simply do not know that to be fact, nobody does, and the only way to settle it is...

We had a democratic vote, get on with leaving without a deal. We don't need a deal.

I think you're setting yourselves for a fall there.

Look, we get the gig with the objection to a confirmatory vote but so much has happened since June 2016 I just don't see how anything can be done without one. If a second vote went in favour of a specific type of Brexit then it shuts all the remainers up for good, me included.

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

oowee and raja - two very strange people. I can't agree with much of the twaddle that either post, but this is not an attack on them - merely an observation. The Brexit party is popular, because they speak the language that many want to hear, but that isn't enough for dumb and dumber. Attack Farage - he is a danger to the Remain "elite". Thursday can't come soon enough. Wait for the Remainers trying to put a positive spin on the results.

Burnley Dave was PW gold. That rather silly comment doesn't even qualify as mildly amusing.

🤣 🤣 🤣 please.

I was rather hoping oowee would enlighten us on how to overhaul the benefits system - something he knows absolutely nothing about. Then again - he's gone a bit quiet on that.

And you know as my grand parents used to say, when you resort to name calling you've lost the argument

The master of patronising comment has spoken. Pity they didn't teach you grammar.

4 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

oowee and raja - two very strange people. I can't agree with much of the twaddle that either post, but this is not an attack on them - merely an observation. The Brexit party is popular, because they speak the language that many want to hear, but that isn't enough for dumb and dumber.

Let me just put this up there to be crystal clear. I'm not qualified to make a clinical assessment on that statement but...

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

did we just go platinum. Does he even know he's doing it. Can he not help himself.

And you know as my grand parents used to say, when you resort to name calling you've lost the argument....

Very limited thinking.

13 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Of course I have. And I'm not labelling it anything of the sort, but wait, my protestations are in vain, because you actually know what I'm thinking better than I do.

This isnt a personal attack BTW , and no, I dont know what youre thinking, because youre very unclear about what you actually WANT.

You dont really want Brexit, in any 'real'shape or form, that is clear.
So spell it out, do you want it overturned , no debate just ignore 2016, revoked?
Softer than a soft thing ?
Mays/Barniers deal ?
Or to keep delaying until the cows come home ?

Sometimes your position seems to make sense, then you flip it round and its all changed.

You keep asked which Brexit, I could say the one we were promised, the one we voted for, but you say thats no good, theres different interpretations, but thats not strictly true.
No single market.
No customs union.
No more legal interference, British law goes back to being sovereign.
No more 10 bn a year for them to tell us how to govern ourselves.
Our own Immigration controls.

Not hard is it?

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Under which terms? Where have I stated admiration for any Politicians?

"Terms" did not come into this! LEAVE means LEAVE....check out the Oxford Concise Dictionary!

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Bang on!

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

did we just go platinum. Does he even know he's doing it. Can he not help himself.

And you know as my grand parents used to say, when you resort to name calling you've lost the argument....

Surely that depends on the accuracy of the name he called you? 

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

This isnt a personal attack BTW , and no, I dont know what youre thinking, because youre very unclear about what you actually WANT.

You dont really want Brexit, in any 'real'shape or form, that is clear.
So spell it out, do you want it overturned , no debate just ignore 2016, revoked?
Softer than a soft thing ?
Mays/Barniers deal ?
Or to keep delaying until the cows come home ?

Sometimes your position seems to make sense, then you flip it round and its all changed.

You keep asked which Brexit, I could say the one we were promised, the one we voted for, but you say thats no good, theres different interpretations, but thats not strictly true.
No single market.
No customs union.
No more legal interference, British law goes back to being sovereign.
No more 10 bn a year for them to tell us how to govern ourselves.
Our own Immigration controls.

Not hard is it?

I think a clean, straightforward Brexit may be difficult for him to comprehend?