Brexit - merged threads

scouser

4 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Words of wisdom from the Middle East - then again - perhaps not. A cretin might be able to spell worsens - again - perhaps not.:whistling:

A cheap shot, G  I was on a phone without the reading glasses at, wait, 1am. And not in the Middle East, it's Thailand at - hell..looking at the clock -2am!  But you're right. Only cretins stay up till this time when they have to.tee off at 8:30 tomorrow/today. Goodnight!

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are the one bandying "cretin" about. It was a cheap shot, but why do you deserve more? You dish it out, but baulk at taking it. There are a number who are against everything, but have nothing constructive to offer. As you are not in the Middle East, but Thailand, I presume you took the hat that fit.

On 10/05/2019 at 16:55, Raja Clavata said:

Farage has changed his version / story several times. Gasp, shock, horror - politicians have been telling the public what they think they want to hear from pretty much time immemorable, why should it be any different for Brexit? Because it matters so much to you? That's not a good enough reason.

Snouts in the trough - another popular phrase but not very well substantiated - I would imagine the whole Brexit episode has reduced the life expectancy of a good number of politicians and civil servants. Only a fool could not see the strain it has caused to a number of the people at the sharp end of it all.

My humble opinion being one of those fools, they have tried so hard to subvert democracy, the strain has all been self imposed. No sympathy from me.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Dave-G - agreed. It suits some people to paint a picture of doom and gloom. I question their motives.

As do I.............

31 minutes ago, old man said:

My humble opinion being one of those fools, they have tried so hard to subvert democracy, the strain has all been self imposed. No sympathy from me.

Has it really reduced their life expectancy? I doubt it.......might have threatened their gold-plated pensions, tho.......

BJ.............when he eventually decieded to throw his hat into the leave ring....1922 commitee and all that ...was firmly OUT NO DEAL and made speeches about it..................

huh ...it is somewhat watered down now...."we are going to get a better deal...but leave no deal on the table as a bargining chip".....

so its all ere we go again...........

either Farage will end up as king maker or labour will get in..............

53 minutes ago, old man said:

That’s a pretty black and white one dimensional view in my opinion, but fair enough.

18 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

That’s a pretty black and white one dimensional view in my opinion, but fair enough.

FWIW, my humble opinion is that we need a lot more one dimensional black and white views, far too much blathering about?

22 hours ago, old man said:

Has it really reduced their life expectancy? I doubt it.......might have threatened their gold-plated pensions, tho.......

german-slump-copy.png?resize=540%2C323&ssl=1

Three smug eurocrats have been gloating about Brexit and the Tory leadership race in a Sky News segment which Sky have inexplicably been playing on repeat all day. Not exactly news.

They won’t be as smug when they see the latest Eurozone industrial figures. Industrial production fell 0.5% in April on top of a 0.4% drop in March. Dragging every other country down was Germany which saw its industrial production plummet by 2.3% – almost five times faster than the Eurozone as a whole. Brussels’ Brexit bluster is going to start looking pretty hollow if the Eurozone’s economic woes keep getting worse like this…

Source: GUIDO FAWKES (You,ve just got to like Guido!)  :-):good:

14 hours ago, pinfireman said:

They won’t be as smug when they see the latest Eurozone industrial figures. Industrial production fell 0.5% in April on top of a 0.4% drop in March. Dragging every other country down was Germany which saw its industrial production plummet by 2.3% – almost five times faster than the Eurozone as a whole. Brussels’ Brexit bluster is going to start looking pretty hollow if the Eurozone’s economic woes keep getting worse like this…

Just imagine all those German products coming into the UK after a no deal scenario with an extra 10 % WTO tariff on too.

Either their products will cost more, meaning people simply wont buy them, or they will have to reduce the prices, and profits to keep them competitive, lose lose situation for them.

The German auto industry is in a bit of a mess, on the back of weak sales they find themselves perfectly equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists as they scramble to try to scale up to the capability they need in software. Germans really are not very good at software. Lots of opportunities and attractive offers in the marketplace currently for those with the appropriate skills and background - almost to the point of being able to name your price, almost.

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Just imagine all those German products coming into the UK after a no deal scenario with an extra 10 % WTO tariff on too.

Either their products will cost more, meaning people simply wont buy them, or they will have to reduce the prices, and profits to keep them competitive, lose lose situation for them.

Rewulf, the Manufacturers Mercedes, BMW and Audi have decided, to maintain profitability, they are going to have to remove something from their models that gets rarely used....it,s a stalk on the left hand side of the steering column,  it was put their so there customers could indicate which way they were going to turn. However, surveys show that most of their drivers do not use this, either from sheer arrogance, or complete lack of knowledge!:innocent:

Edited by pinfireman

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:37, Rewulf said:

EXACTLY!  Its not rocket science is it?

Interesting reading Tightchoke.

I'm sure the private sector would sharp get it together if no deal happened. Most will not be prepared to pay the cost of getting set up for no deal as that may not happen.

On 15/06/2019 at 14:39, Vince Green said:

EXACTLY!  Its not rocket science is it?

Not in the slightest, and neither is a WTO free trade deal, or free trade whilst a more comprehensive 'deal' is thrashed out, many scenarios have already been considered.

Whats important to understand is , we dont actually need to have a May style withdrawal agreement to do this.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/brexit/no-deal-brexit-and-wto-article-24-explained/

A crash out Brexit with no deal, does not mean we wont be able to trade, we can even trade tariff fee IF the EU dont cut off Europes nose to spite its face.

On 16/06/2019 at 14:19, Newbie to this said:

Piece written by one of the new MEPs on the excesses of the EU.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/9304815/why-we-must-quit-brussels-now/amp/

The ‘Sun’ , do you read it because they stopped the ‘Daily Sport’ and it’s “A hamburger ate my husband” headlines 🙂

Quote “ I was issued with an ipad and two laptops, one for Brussels and one for Strasbourg” - oh well, I’m issued with and iPad and a sod off sized plane in order to do my job, but it’s not mine to keep same as those items. If she says that she doesn’t need any of them, then I’m sure she could hand them back!

Not sticking up for all of it, but some of it really is sensationalism, written to sell newspapers. Other parts of their description are no different from taking up employment at almost any Company, even McD will dish out a uniform and explain their free meal policies ( perks of the job I think we used to call it before we society started the “it’s not fair, I want it” mentality) 

Edited by Jaymo

18 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

The ‘Sun’ , do you read the because they stopped the ‘Daily Sport’ and it’s “A hamburger ate my husband” headlines 🙂

Quote “ I was issued with an ipad and two laptops, one for Brussels and one for Strasbourg” - oh well, I’m issued with and iPad and a sod of sized plane in order to do my job, if she says that she doesn’t need any of those items then I’m sure she could hand them back!

Not sticking up for all of it, but some of it really is sensationalism, written to sell newspapers. Other parts of their description are no different from taking up employment at almost any Company, even McD will dish out a uniform and explain their free meal policies ( perks of the job I think we used to call it before we society started the “it’s not fair, I want it” mentality) 

:lol:

Did you even read it? It's written by a man not a woman.

What does it matter that it is in the Sun? But for your information, not that I have to justify myself, I haven't bought or actively seeked out any particular news paper for many years. This article popped up on a page I follow and I found it interesting.

I see you are jumping to conclusions about me again, remind me do we know each other personally!

I see you only picked up on one small point and completely missed the point of it. It's not about the supply of the Ipad or the 2 computers, although 1 Hybrid laptop would suffice. It's about the fact that massive amounts of money is wasted moving location from Brussels to Strasbourg, how ever many times they do it a year, for absolutely no apparent reason.

I know it is written from an anti EU stance, and printed in the Sun, but does that make it any less true. Probably not.

I can't see how you can think it is written from a "it's not fair, I want it mentally", The author has now got it and is hoping to no longer have it soon.

Edited by Newbie to this

27 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

:lol:

Did you even read it? It's written by a man not a woman.

What does it matter that it is in the Sun? But for your information, not that I have to justify myself, I haven't bought or actively seeked out any particular news paper for many years. This article popped up on a page I follow and I found it interesting.

I see you are jumping to conclusions about me again, remind me do we know each other personally!

I see you only picked up on one small point and completely missed the point of it. It's not about the supply of the Ipad or the 2 computers, although 1 Hybrid laptop would suffice. It's about the fact that massive amounts of money is wasted moving location from Brussels to Strasbourg, how ever many times they do it a year, for absolutely no apparent reason.

I know it is written from an anti EU stance, and printed in the Sun, but does that make it any less true. Probably not.

I can't see how you can think it is written from a "it's not fair, I want it mentally", The author has now got it and is hoping to no longer have it soon.

I assumed it was a ‘she’ due to the nature of ‘moaning at being given something for nothing’ , a trait my wife also shares 🙂

Dont know you personally, unless.......... well, how many degrees of separation is there? Six or so!

Does the author really not want it? “He” ( see, I can learn from my mistakes), could quite easily step down in protest and possibly garner a much greater respect than the person who says “ look, I don’t need all of this, I’m prepared to travel by cheaper means, carry a single laptop and there is no need for me to claim me €300 attendance allowance..........”, or he can carry on and if we don’t leave for years, be quite happy to continue to do so and receive his Pension.

Articles in any media., are designed to inform- how they inform is of course subject to the author, the authors source or intentions and of course, his publishers stance.

I personally miss the Daily Sport ( ex gf ran a few newsagents and used to flick through all sorts 🙂 ) 

Well just to add to the pot as it were Tom Watson deputy leader of the communist workers trotsyists <Liebour to anyone else> has just been interviewed admitting their the party of remain and europe are our friends .He even had the gall to admit although his constituancy voted out by 68% he will still vote remain because its what he wants to and he knows whats best for them.

Well all those waiting for Brexit watching  you were 100% aware of this as you and the great leader have done your rotten best to backpeddle and stop and control then overturn brexit .

I just hope your local party call you in to explain why you know best what they want even though they voted out and deselect you for such crass condescension and arrogance

2 minutes ago, clakk said:

Well just to add to the pot as it were Tom Watson deputy leader of the communist workers trotsyists <Liebour to anyone else> has just been interviewed admitting their the party of remain and europe are our friends .He even had the gall to admit although his constituancy voted out by 68% he will still vote remain because its what he wants to and he knows whats best for them.

Well all those waiting for Brexit watching  you were 100% aware of this as you and the great leader have done your rotten best to backpeddle and stop and control then overturn brexit .

I just hope your local party call you in to explain why you know best what they want even though they voted out and deselect you for such crass condescension and arrogance

But idiots will still vote for the self serving losers!

4 minutes ago, clakk said:

Saw Watson what an insincere, untrustworthy slimeball! If labour become the remainer party he wants, they may win back the remainer voters who went over to the Lib Dems? but...…..they will hopefully lose a lot of Labour leave voters? who may migrate to the Brexit Party?