Jo Brand

B725

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can never understand what the TV people see in her.......proberly reflects the way they think

there is one hell of a difference / disconect  between country folk and them lot...

on a hot day in the city and it rains ...the smell is awful...sort of like rancid tarmac and body odour

on a hot day in the country and it rains...the smell is one of the lovliest smells you could experience

and both peoples find those smells evocotive................strange

Just now, bostonmick said:

Well just another example of how the BBC is totally unbiased. Danny Baker made a joke. Ross and brand pulled a prank on radio and were sacked. If she had said it about Mrs May or one of the royals I doubt her feet would have touched. 

Or even her IDLE idol JC

Defo disagree with any type of behaviour involving throwing anything at anyone including Farrage but I think people are completely missing an important point here, she is a comedian 😉  and as such is expected to say outlandish things that she doesn't really mean, just ask Bernard Manning fans and they're sure to tell you he didn't mean his racist jokes to be taken in an actual racist way.

FWIW I found him funny and I love Jo Brand whom I think is one of the few female comedians who is actually funny. 

43 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Defo disagree with any type of behaviour involving throwing anything at anyone including Farrage but I think people are completely missing an important point here, she is a comedian 😉  and as such is expected to say outlandish things that she doesn't really mean, just ask Bernard Manning fans and they're sure to tell you he didn't mean his racist jokes to be taken in an actual racist way.

FWIW I found him funny and I love Jo Brand whom I think is one of the few female comedians who is actually funny. 

Bernard was around in a different time when the sensetive little lovelies of today were not around. Indeed nearly all comedians of that era told stories/jokes about colour. Religion. Nationality. Sexuality. And it was funny. However with the current ethics attitude it is not acceptable to condone the throwing of anything least of all acid at someone. She cannot hide behind supposedly being a comedienne and no she is not expected to come out with extremist garbage like this. I have never found her funny in any way. But that also goes for most of the so called alternative comedians we have today. She should suffer the consequences of her stupidity the same as anyone else. 

8 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

Bernard was around in a different time when the sensetive little lovelies of today were not around. Indeed nearly all comedians of that era told stories/jokes about colour. Religion. Nationality. Sexuality. And it was funny. However with the current ethics attitude it is not acceptable to condone the throwing of anything least of all acid at someone. She cannot hide behind supposedly being a comedienne and no she is not expected to come out with extremist garbage like this. I have never found her funny in any way. But that also goes for most of the so called alternative comedians we have today. She should suffer the consequences of her stupidity the same as anyone else. 

Oh yes, the ole "but that was then this is now" get out clause (or is it card) that gets drawn out rather sharpish when it suits. 😴  😆 

I couldn't disagree more if I tried, I do not allow "time" or "era" to excuse immorality, racism, genocide or any other negative INhuman theme or phenomenon. Chenquiz Khan was and IS a 24 carat *******, same as Hitler and all other warring murdering scumbags, past present or future. Manning knew perfectly well he was being racist and revelled in it, his supporters then AND NOW adore him because of it ;), my thinking he was funny simply means I can see the funny side even in the risible wickedness of those who believe in racial supremacy of one person over another, not that I validate or support it. 

Jo Brand may not be your or others comedic cup of tea but I find her hilarious and am mature enough to understand she doesn't literally want battery acid thrown over Farrage. All "era's" blend into one another,  no good being super picky about one and placid towards the other. ;) :) 

Surely the point here is that had she made that joke about almost anyone else, it would've never have been broadcast.  Say...Diane Abbott, or Esther McVey, or....

Morever, in the extremely unlikely event some foolish editor had left it in, Brand would've been invited for a chat without tea and biscuits at the Met.

Double standards abound, yet the BBC and establishment seem somewhat surprised that the great unwashed is calling them out on it.

1 minute ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Surely the point here is that had she made that joke about almost anyone else, it would've never have been broadcast.  Say...Diane Abbott, or Esther McVey, or....

Morever, in the extremely unlikely event some foolish editor had left it in, Brand would've been invited for a chat without tea and biscuits at the Met.

Double standards abound, yet the BBC and establishment seem somewhat surprised that the great unwashed is calling them out on it.

Very good point... we now have those who should be offended but aren't and those who shouldn't be offended but are. meanwhile an alternative comedian makes a bad joke and gets publicity !  Silly fat cow.. ................whoops can i say that

20 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Oh yes, the ole "but that was then this is now" get out clause (or is it card) that gets drawn out rather sharpish when it suits. 😴  😆 

I couldn't disagree more if I tried, I do not allow "time" or "era" to excuse immorality, racism, genocide or any other negative INhuman theme or phenomenon. Chenquiz Khan was and IS a 24 carat *******, same as Hitler and all other warring murdering scumbags, past present or future. Manning knew perfectly well he was being racist and revelled in it, his supporters then AND NOW adore him because of it ;), my thinking he was funny simply means I can see the funny side even in the risible wickedness of those who believe in racial supremacy of one person over another, not that I validate or support it. 

Jo Brand may not be your or others comedic cup of tea but I find her hilarious and am mature enough to understand she doesn't literally want battery acid thrown over Farrage. All "era's" blend into one another,  no good being super picky about one and placid towards the other. ;) :) 

No not the then and now. We live in the now. If a comedian was to make jokes about black people. The Irish etc they would be branded racist. If they also think its OK to try and get a cheap laugh by advocating serious criminal acts against people then that should also bring reprocussions. I would like to be able to say she is just another has been trying to gain a bit of cheap publicity but am afraid she has never been in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

No not the then and now. We live in the now. If a comedian was to make jokes about black people. The Irish etc they would be branded racist. If they also think its OK to try and get a cheap laugh by advocating serious criminal acts against people then that should also bring reprocussions. I would like to be able to say she is just another has been trying to gain a bit of cheap publicity but am afraid she has never been in the first place. 

It's not a cheap laugh, it was a two second JOKE during a 20 minute performance, no doubt designed to make Farrage groupies blood boil 😂  😂 , that's funnier than the joke itself. 

She wasn't advocating a serious criminal act 😑 because it was a JOKE. 

Pity people don't go on the offensive when proper objectionable, (even genocidal) thoughts are expressed on social as well as msm.

1 minute ago, Hamster said:

It's not a cheap laugh, it was a two second JOKE during a 20 minute performance, no doubt designed to make Farrage groupies blood boil 😂  😂 , that's funnier than the joke itself. 

Pity people don't go on the offensive when proper objectionable, (even genocidal) thoughts are expressed on social as well as msm.

Jokes about Jews, women, black people, Asian people, homosexuals et al.........are also just JOKES!............. Ain't they? :whistling: :no:

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

Jokes about Jews, women, black people, Asian people, homosexuals et al.........are also just JOKES!............. Ain't they? :whistling: :no:

It happens all the time I'm afraid, one of my own pet hates is Asian comedians including Omid Djalili playing to peoples prejudices and making fun of things like bombs and Muslims, he's not a Muslim and neither am I but by association it re-enforces wrongly held assumptions. Jews too get a raw deal at times as do gay people. 

What I find tedious (if rather predictable) is that here the only reason people found her remark objectionable is because they like Farrage (and others like him such as Trump), turn the tables and the same crowd would not only not even notice, 😉  they'd actively defend it, been there seen it, bought the T shirt as they say. 

16 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Maybe she will visit the burns units of some of our hospitals. She could witness the horror of acid on humans. Then she might see just how poor taste it is to even try and joke about the subject. There is nothing remotely funny about dis figuring people. 

3 minutes ago, Hamster said:

What I find tedious (if rather predictable) is that here the only reason people found her remark objectionable is because they like Farrage  😉

A truly pathetic and childish statement. The reason is that statements such as hers are totally unacceptable regardless of who it is said of. 

3 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

Maybe she will visit the burns units of some of our hospitals. She could witness the horror of acid on humans. Then she might see just how poor taste it is to even try and joke about the subject. There is nothing remotely funny about dis figuring people. 

Yes good point but then based on that logic there would be practically no comedy left, anyone remember Ali G bigging up drugs and knives ? Perhaps he ought to have visited one of our hospitals morgues where the bodies of drug users lay or the emergency room where knife crime victims were being sewn back up. People still found him funny though curiously enough, some argue he bordered on racism incidentally as he portrayed blacks as stupid gangsters. 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Is anyone aware of Jo Brand and John Sergeant ever being seen anywhere together at the same time? - if so I believe they may be twins who were separated at birth, not just by looks but also by the way they talk too...

heres a picture i took from my kitchen window, proving once and for all that they different people, as the second picture was in a town

747538-a224ddba29c919f3188e50efe1ab63a1.jpg.a4777c53d2991d8b9e84aa347e18691f.jpg