.410 Bismuth loads

I don't know if John at Folkestone Engineering would have a load, try him or pull up his site.  I've only loaded tungsten based stuff and these days I just shoot Eley factory because I very rarely get a duck drive and if I do maybe half a dozen shots, so not worth reloading really.   Nice to know your still enjoying shooting the 410.

• 3 weeks later...

I really do not believe you will be able to tell the difference between lead and bismuth through a moderator. The mod should kill the explosive noise and the above sound noise is stopped by loading below the speed of sound.   To be honest I shoot standard rounds through my Mossy and it causes very little disturbance outside 100yrds range I have had crows keep coming thinking the folded one is just landing. 

Edited by Walker570

On 29/06/2019 at 09:38, cervusman said:

Why do you think bismuth would be quieter that lead? Just use standard lead.

It’s nothing to do with Bismuth being quieter than lead, I shoot all my pigeon with non toxic but need a 410 load that’s non toxic and can be used through the hushpower when noise is an issue