What's That Saying

wymberley

Now now they are all Uni Graduates you know ....can't expect them to think and act like proper policemen. I see that Cressida Phalic is now promoting more women entrants in the Met by allowing them to work part time... what happens as it did in my day, you have a major incident 15 minutes before your due to finish and like we would do, stay on for hours to see it through and often than not, not logging the extra time as well.  You really could not make it up.

Edited by Walker570

3 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

I have no words for this.

I have plenty but would likely be Zapped. Absolute lunacy.

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Now now they are all Uni Graduates you know ....can't expect them to think and act like proper policemen. I see that Cressida Phalic is now promoting more women entrants in the Met by allowing them to work part time... what happens as it did in my day, you have a major incident 15 minutes before your due to finish and like we would do, stay on for hours to see it through and often than not, not logging the extra time as well.  You really could not make it up.

Mm, Cressida Phallic, one of our finest.

This is what they get when they introduce 'quotas' instead of employing the best person for the job! Water down effectiveness just to prove they are employing their quota, and are equal opportunity "right on" PC employers!

Some years ago, my son applied to join the fire service, got through all the mental and physical tests, and won an interview.........he was rejected because he didn't know enough about 'diversity' (no, not the dance troup!)..........if you were trapped on the tenth floor of a burning tower block, would you care if the person who was trying to save your life was a man, a woman, black, Asian, Chinese, lesbian, gender fluid or anything else? No.....and you wouldn't give a flying **** whether your rescuer knew all about diversity, all you'd care about is that your rescuer was able to rescue you!

No wonder the police service are becoming a joke, it's easy to make the figures show what you want, by creatively interpreting the stats!....especially if you employ institutionalised, university overeducated, politically aware (correct) types with no experience of life in the real world, nor common sense to pretend to do the job!

Edited by panoma1

Chap I know who used to be a Special told me that the older coppers spoke of the days when domestic abusers would first have a talking to. A repeat offence would involve a ride in a van to a remote spot and a special ‘talking to’, followed by a long walk home. There were rarely third time offenders apparently.

How glad I am that we live in more enlightened times.

On 13/06/2019 at 17:52, panoma1 said:

Some years ago, my son applied to join the fire service, got through all the mental and physical tests, and won an interview.........he was rejected because he didn't know enough about 'diversity' (no, not the dance troup!)..........if you were trapped on the tenth floor of a burning tower block, would you care if the person who was trying to save your life was a man, a woman, black, Asian, Chinese, lesbian, gender fluid or anything else? No.....and you wouldn't give a flying **** whether your rescuer knew all about diversity, all you'd care about is that your rescuer was able to rescue you...

Rescuing someone is a minor part of the job, prevention of fires happening by education is the best way, that is why prospective ff's need to be aware of problems around cultural diversity when going out on home fire safety visits.