Help Please...what did this????????

Dekers

This is apparently an old Blackbird nest, it was approx. 6 feet from the ground and has been taken down as you can see.  Inside was found the Kumquat as shown.  Looks like the outside is largely removed and left whilst the inside gone/eaten!

There are no squirrels in the area, and the edges of the single Kumquat shown seems to be showing beak marks rather than teeth...I could be wrong.... the big question, what would take Kumquot into and old nest to store/eat it?

Cheers

174b.jpg.a698329a7a1b7e94931bb9e30ebb01e7.jpg178b.jpg.d63a8777f6bd727b46a18fb2ecb42fa0.jpg182b.jpg.0ebbcf2ced70fbe1a31311e3e8baad0b.jpg

Another case of Gobal Warming.

Pretty big for a mouse to haul up there, maybe a rat although the teeth marks do indicate a mouse .... amazing what the little boogers can do sometimes.  Found a bucketful of grass and leaves plus a double handful of peanuts ontop of my Jag engine.  The car had been used the week before !!!  The peanuts where from a bucket 20ft away.  The grass and leaves brought in from outside in the yard.

8 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Another case of Gobal Warming.

Pretty big for a mouse to haul up there, maybe a rat although the teeth marks do indicate a mouse .... amazing what the little boogers can do sometimes.  Found a bucketful of grass and leaves plus a double handful of peanuts ontop of my Jag engine.  The car had been used the week before !!!  The peanuts where from a bucket 20ft away.  The grass and leaves brought in from outside in the yard.

I remember watching a wood mouse drag a dead blackbird chick across the garden, must have been 10 yards, it then tried to pull it down its hole but the chick was to big.

51 minutes ago, marsh man said:

A bit off tracking , But what happened to your bottle of liquid gold you had up for sale ? . you didn't drop it I hope .

He's sending it over to my house , it's 22 years out of date , so I'll dispose of it for him . No need to thank me,I'm here to help 😅

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

A bit off tracking , But what happened to your bottle of liquid gold you had up for sale ? . you didn't drop it I hope .

nooo........got a very polite message from Zapp...reminding me that alcholol is not allowed to be advertised for sale on the forum..............suppose i could put it on e-bay..there is no way i will open it as it is pristine condition.....bloody £1000 quid on the whiskey exchange...and thats a cheap bottle...

35 minutes ago, ditchman said:

nooo........got a very polite message from Zapp...reminding me that alcholol is not allowed to be advertised for sale on the forum..............suppose i could put it on e-bay..there is no way i will open it as it is pristine condition.....bloody £1000 quid on the whiskey exchange...and thats a cheap bottle...

It’s nice though found a bottle in the cubord not sure where it came from as it had been there years anyway opened it one evening never had a clue how much it was worth until a few weeks later when a couple of mates dropped in 

then it was gone 😊 

are the empty bottles worth anything 😂

45 minutes ago, ditchman said:

That bottle was originally distilled to be used and enjoyed Mr Ditchman , why not on one these bright sunny days you and your good friends meet up on a Thursday at Acle and chew over the past while enjoying a drop of amber nectar :drinks:

14 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

It’s nice though found a bottle in the cubord not sure where it came from as it had been there years anyway opened it one evening never had a clue how much it was worth until a few weeks later when a couple of mates dropped in 

then it was gone 😊 

are the empty bottles worth anything 😂

If I had your empty bottle I would fill it up with the cheap stuff from Aldi's and I bet none of my mates would know the difference, but they would certainly be impressed and amazed I forked out for a bottle in the first place :lol:

58 minutes ago, ditchman said:

I wondered about that, i had just replied saying my brother in law has bought a few bottles at that sort of price as an investment, imagine if someone opened it at a party😯😯 

6 hours ago, Dekers said:

This is apparently an old Blackbird nest, it was approx. 6 feet from the ground and has been taken down as you can see.  Inside was found the Kumquat as shown.  Looks like the outside is largely removed and left whilst the inside gone/eaten!

There are no squirrels in the area, and the edges of the single Kumquat shown seems to be showing beak marks rather than teeth...I could be wrong.... the big question, what would take Kumquot into and old nest to store/eat it?

Cheers

174b.jpg.a698329a7a1b7e94931bb9e30ebb01e7.jpg178b.jpg.d63a8777f6bd727b46a18fb2ecb42fa0.jpg182b.jpg.0ebbcf2ced70fbe1a31311e3e8baad0b.jpg

I'm sure no one else will have seen it, but on Spring watch yesterday they showed a mouse spooking fledglings' in different nests, another nest and different mouse scared the parent away killed all the chicks, and started to eat them, they also said that mice use nests to store food. 

29 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'm sure no one else will have seen it, but on Spring watch yesterday they showed a mouse spooking fledglings' in different nests, another nest and different mouse scared the parent away killed all the chicks, and started to eat them, they also said that mice use nests to store food. 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Parakeet ?  

Well known for munching surplus cumquat

photocall-at-the-london-zoo-united-kingdom-shutterstock-editorial-9292303l.jpg.1194e24bfb66ab81380873493a4a8b5f.jpg

I am being drawn to the mice, but there are definitely plenty of Parakeet in the area!