Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Terry2016

We’re back in business !

Recommended Posts

Great news ! So we now have in place three usable general licences as of the 14th June you can now control pest species for “serious damage”, “public health” and “flora and fauna” protection. It is to note that the gull and the collard dove do not appear on the licenses. It is also to note that if you are on a European protected site Ramsar or Sac you may need an individual license or be covered by the previous license issued by natural England.  Sssi land is covered as long as it does not overlap with the above. For the most part we are back we were on the 24th April and I advise all to read the three licences and be aware of the conditions within them and make sure you know under what one you will be operating when you are undertaking your control measures.  It is worthy of note that the non lethal methods are not required if - deemed to be inadequate, ineffective or disproportionate.... I know BASC are working with defra through the summer to shape the site restrictions but this is great news so far for the rural community and pest control businesses and definitely a step forwards 

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep great news so we have nearly 8 months,I bet Packham and his cronies are coughing and spluttering,just hope Gove does not next thru the next round and falls by the wayside then his pals at WJ won't be able to bend his ear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where are we left on roost/stubble shooting? I can click on but can't actually read the document. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

So where are we left on roost/stubble shooting? I can click on but can't actually read the document. 

Same here will look later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, David BASC said:

There is nothing in the new licences to prevent you shooting over stubble or roost shooting

I disagree, there are no crops on stubbles. So why would you kill the pigeons? Similarly with roosting, they are not causing damage to crops. 

13A60E1D-6588-48E9-A9BC-5C85988F382C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Delwint said:

I disagree, there are no crops on stubbles. So why would you kill the pigeons? Similarly with roosting, they are not causing damage to crops. 

13A60E1D-6588-48E9-A9BC-5C85988F382C.jpeg

that's the natural England licence, not the new defra one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You seem to be quoting from the GL31 issued by Natural England. This is no longer listed on the government website and is seemingly superseded by DEFRA issued GL36 where no such restrictions apply. So, as David BASC says there s nothing in GL36 which precludes roost shooting or shooting over stubble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Delwint said:

I disagree, there are no crops on stubbles. So why would you kill the pigeons? Similarly with roosting, they are not causing damage to crops. 

13A60E1D-6588-48E9-A9BC-5C85988F382C.jpeg

Keep up with matters or you will mislead others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Under the new GL36 License you can shoot over stubble and flight lines.they are preventative measures to prevent serious damage to crops in near by fields.

4 minutes ago, JDog said:

Keep up with matters or you will mislead others.

+1. I agree with j dog.

Edited by rapid .25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rapid .25 said:

Under the new GL36 License you can shoot over stubble and flight lines.they are preventative measures to prevent serious damage to crops in near by fields.

+1.

Or crops yet to be planted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may think that this  a win it is not we have all lost thousands of acres of shooting. I could be cynical and say that we have been betrayed again by our countryside organisations.

 

 

11. European and nationally protected sites

a)

For protected sites with interest features that include bird species, no action authorised by this licence is permitted to take place within those sites or within 300 metres of the boundary of such site

. For the avoidance of doubt, this restriction applies to:

(i) all Special Protection Areas (SPAs);

(ii) any Ramsar site with Qualifying Features that include bird species; or

(iii) any Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) for which a bird species is a feature of special interest.

For protected sites with interest features that do not include bird species but do include habitats or flora, no trapping is permitted within the boundary of those sites. For the avoidance of doubt, this restriction applies to:

(i) any Special Area of Conservation (SAC) with Qualifying Features that include habitats or flora; or

(ii) any Ramsar site with Qualifying Features that include habitats or flora.

The restrictions in condition 11(a) and 11(b) do not apply to:

(i) Ramsar sites with interest features that are solely animal species which are not birds (for example, only bat interest features); or

(ii) any protected site identified on a list that Natural England may subsequently publish should it be satisfied that these restrictions can be removed.

If you need to carry out action that would otherwise be permitted by this licence on land excluded on account of the above conditions you will need a consent or assent. This licence is not a consent for the purposes of Part 2 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended) in respect to SSSIs. It is your responsibility to get consent or assent if required before this licence can be used on any SSSI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all fairness its still ongoing with BASC and others trying to iron out the details, most shooting can now carry on as before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TWAG said:

You may think that this  a win it is not we have all lost thousands of acres of shooting. I could be cynical and say that we have been betrayed again by our countryside organisations.

 

 

11. European and nationally protected sites

a)

For protected sites with interest features that include bird species, no action authorised by this licence is permitted to take place within those sites or within 300 metres of the boundary of such site

. For the avoidance of doubt, this restriction applies to:

(i) all Special Protection Areas (SPAs);

(ii) any Ramsar site with Qualifying Features that include bird species; or

(iii) any Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) for which a bird species is a feature of special interest.

For protected sites with interest features that do not include bird species but do include habitats or flora, no trapping is permitted within the boundary of those sites. For the avoidance of doubt, this restriction applies to:

(i) any Special Area of Conservation (SAC) with Qualifying Features that include habitats or flora; or

(ii) any Ramsar site with Qualifying Features that include habitats or flora.

The restrictions in condition 11(a) and 11(b) do not apply to:

(i) Ramsar sites with interest features that are solely animal species which are not birds (for example, only bat interest features); or

(ii) any protected site identified on a list that Natural England may subsequently publish should it be satisfied that these restrictions can be removed.

If you need to carry out action that would otherwise be permitted by this licence on land excluded on account of the above conditions you will need a consent or assent. This licence is not a consent for the purposes of Part 2 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended) in respect to SSSIs. It is your responsibility to get consent or assent if required before this licence can be used on any SSSI.

just be glad these new ones are  more in our favour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we will now all get back to where we left off ( some of us have already put the clock back and been getting on with it ) so now we have got the all clear , leave the key board turned off and brush the dust off the decoys and get back out there again .

THANKS to everyone who have helped to bring this sorry saga to satisfactory ending :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's hope that I'm wrong.

 

I would like to hear what David has to say from BASC in the form of a position statement and a commitment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delwint said:

I disagree, there are no crops on stubbles. So why would you kill the pigeons? Similarly with roosting, they are not causing damage to crops. 

13A60E1D-6588-48E9-A9BC-5C85988F382C.jpeg

That is the old license!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TWAG said:

You may think that this  a win it is not we have all lost thousands of acres of shooting. I could be cynical and say that we have been betrayed again by our countryside organisations.

 

 

11. European and nationally protected sites

a)

For protected sites with interest features that include bird species, no action authorised by this licence is permitted to take place within those sites or within 300 metres of the boundary of such site

. For the avoidance of doubt, this restriction applies to:

(i) all Special Protection Areas (SPAs);

(ii) any Ramsar site with Qualifying Features that include bird species; or

(iii) any Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) for which a bird species is a feature of special interest.

For protected sites with interest features that do not include bird species but do include habitats or flora, no trapping is permitted within the boundary of those sites. For the avoidance of doubt, this restriction applies to:

(i) any Special Area of Conservation (SAC) with Qualifying Features that include habitats or flora; or

(ii) any Ramsar site with Qualifying Features that include habitats or flora.

The restrictions in condition 11(a) and 11(b) do not apply to:

(i) Ramsar sites with interest features that are solely animal species which are not birds (for example, only bat interest features); or

(ii) any protected site identified on a list that Natural England may subsequently publish should it be satisfied that these restrictions can be removed.

If you need to carry out action that would otherwise be permitted by this licence on land excluded on account of the above conditions you will need a consent or assent. This licence is not a consent for the purposes of Part 2 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended) in respect to SSSIs. It is your responsibility to get consent or assent if required before this licence can be used on any SSSI.

I disagree. This will be sorted in due course. I am certain shooting will ne allowed for certain individuals in certain circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Hopefully I will get my first permission in the 8 months leeway we have

What do you mean "leeway"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...