Where`s the Firearm charge in this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7139085/Terrier-survives-cruel-owner-shot-four-times-head-left-die-bush.html

Plenty of charities would have tried to rehouse this dog.

I am sure that the Police could have easily matched those pellets with the airgun purported to have been used and then bought a firearm offence against the guy.

Maybe they thought that all the required testing wasn't worth the cost.

Society is .....d (Insert your own expletives).

FB

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Banned from keeping pets for 10 years ! ?
Whats the point of that, whos going to enforce it , or prove its his animal ?

The fine will be paid off at £5 a month, no deterrent whatsoever.

The worlds messed up.

^^^^^^  This. Lock him up. 

18 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

It wasn't a firearm that was used ? So how could they?

Sub 12 ft lb air guns are classed as firearms, you just dont need a ticket.

Not sure what the charge would be, but he should at least be banned for life under sec 21  ever owning a firearm of any type.

12 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

It wasn't a firearm that was used ? So how could they?

They managed to charge the Grandfather from Hull with a firearm offence for shooting his Grandson in the stomach and the child dying in an hour and a half. Any offence committed with an air gun to my knowledge has always been treated as a firearm offence. Why should this be any different? It makes no difference whether the airgun is under 12ft/lbs, an offence has been committed.

link to the above case:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-48584698

1 minute ago, Flyboy1950 said:

They managed to charge the Grandfather from Hull with a firearm offence for shooting his Grandson in the stomach and the child dying in an hour and a half.

That gun was FAC I believe, but I agree with what youre saying.

Just now, GingerCat said:

The home office sets the crime recording standards not the police. 

Ok! but don't plod provide the Home office with the data they collect and catogorise?

And don't the Home office also provide guidence to plod on firearm licensing? Which plod ignore, and instead, make up their own rules! Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in how they catogorise/interpret/disclose the data they collect! 

Just now, panoma1 said:

Ok! but don't plod provide the Home office with the data they collect and catogorise?

And don't the Home office also provide guidence to plod on firearm licensing? Which plod ignore, and instead, make up their own rules! Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in how they catogorise/interpret/disclose the data they collect! 

National crime recording standards set how crimes are recorded. They are audited and adjusted by the home office. It's not plod. It's all disclosed and every now and then as occurred end of last year for example they through hissy fits and slate the police for improper recording etc. Thus results in lots of crimes going up (20% in some cases) due to things previously being subclassified or previously recorded on 1 report now requiring new reports due to changes in legislation or ncrs standards. It's a clear as mud u less you do it all day every day. 

The law defines firearms as any lethal barreled weapon so airguns count on firearms statistics. Airsoft guns do not as the power is too low. Lethality is set at about a ftlb or something silly and based on some study a long time ago. 

Guidance 're firearms is just that and the law says the chief officer has to be satisfied. If he/she is only satisfied with doctors report (like an hgv driver) then it's within the law and doesn't contradict the guidance so I don't know why your confidence is dented. 

You can't knock  them in this day and age of nutters running about doing silly things, trial by media and lawyers with hands out taking it to court. 

Firearms law needs reviewing and that I'm not arguing with . 

42 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

National crime recording standards set how crimes are recorded. They are audited and adjusted by the home office. It's not plod. It's all disclosed and every now and then as occurred end of last year for example they through hissy fits and slate the police for improper recording etc. Thus results in lots of crimes going up (20% in some cases) due to things previously being subclassified or previously recorded on 1 report now requiring new reports due to changes in legislation or ncrs standards. It's a clear as mud u less you do it all day every day. 

The law defines firearms as any lethal barreled weapon so airguns count on firearms statistics. Airsoft guns do not as the power is too low. Lethality is set at about a ftlb or something silly and based on some study a long time ago. 

Guidance 're firearms is just that and the law says the chief officer has to be satisfied. If he/she is only satisfied with doctors report (like an hgv driver) then it's within the law and doesn't contradict the guidance so I don't know why your confidence is dented. 

You can't knock  them in this day and age of nutters running about doing silly things, trial by media and lawyers with hands out taking it to court. 

Firearms law needs reviewing and that I'm not arguing with . 

I agree firearms licensing needs to be reviewed and made subject to law not "guidence"....then we will all know where we stand! Not subject to a potential bias and partiality of the chief office of police and/or members of the local FIrearms licensing team!

As regards data recording by the police, this has been subject to doubts and allegations of "politically motivated" data recording For some time, but I suppose that is what you get when quotas and box ticking excercises are imposed from above and used as a performance indicator.

Crime statistics are always dependant on the agenda of those quoting them and whether they use the official stats or the victims stats. Most crime is unreported. With 1 cop let 10000 people or whatever the official figure is that's not surprising. 

Edited by GingerCat

2 hours ago, davewh100 said:

what a horrible piece of ****, think 2mins with my new boots would sort this dipstick out 

I doubt it, he's an extremely "hard" man!!!. 

I was of the understanding that any offence involving an Air rifle sub 12 ft lb was automatically dealt with as a firearm offence. 

ie;  poaching using a sub 12 ft lb air rifle is classed as a firearm offence, and sentenced accordingly.  

On tv news this week was secret filming of a bloke working in hound kennels that took a live fox cub into the kennels and threw it to the hounds. then some time later he retrieved it and chucked it in the wheelie bin. Found guilty of cruelty to animals but No prison sentence and wasn't banned from keeping animals. I don't care if you are for or against hunting with hounds, this is just wrong. There is nothing that can justify this. 

Stu 64, In life things live and things die, do not fall into the bunny huggers trap of giving animals human feelings/emotions, the cub would have no understanding/perception as to what it's fate was to be, so it would have no fear!

As for pain? it would have been killed instantly by the hounds, so it would not really feel pain.......in reality instantly it would have been dead just as quickly as if the huntsman (or anyone else!) had shot it!

Its like you being asked how would you like to die....the choice being "do you wish to be run over by a bus or be decapitated by an IS terrorist" The knowledge of what was to come makes you frightened, the act is nothing.....just like a switch being thrown first you're alive .........then you ain't!

Edited by panoma1

I am not a bunny hugger and undertake pest control with shotgun and air rifle. I would think from your "educational"reply that you follow the hounds. Indeed the fox is shot by the huntsman, after they have chased it miles. If an animal needs putting down in the wild just shoot it, I do. I don't chase it all over the place first. What was the point in taking the fox cub back to the kennels? It was kept in a horsebox then carried out by the scruff. I don't think it was frightened either.

38 minutes ago, stu64 said:

I am not a bunny hugger and undertake pest control with shotgun and air rifle. I would think from your "educational"reply that you follow the hounds. Indeed the fox is shot by the huntsman, after they have chased it miles. If an animal needs putting down in the wild just shoot it, I do. I don't chase it all over the place first. What was the point in taking the fox cub back to the kennels? It was kept in a horsebox then carried out by the scruff. I don't think it was frightened either.

No I don't follow hounds, but I support people's right to hunt, and I didn't imply you were a bunny hugger, but we who shoot and hunt are under sustained attack by antis and bunny huggers who use lies and emotional language to garner support and demonise what we do, for political reasons.....they wish to ban everything that involves fieldsports because they don't like it! They anthropomorphise animals and birds, brainwashing a gullible public into believing birds and animals have  human feelings....words such as family, father, mother, murder, babies, terrified are not words associated with animals.....they are are associated with humans!.........I confess I don't know the reason why the huntsman did what he did......but in truth he killed a pest..........I don't believe he did so cruelly....I'm sure other will disagree?

I doubt that cub was "chased all over the place" as you suggest? I imagine it was dug out and instead of being dispatched there and then, was given to the huntsman for reasons best known to those involved......but I don't believe it was for some sadistic pleasure as our enemies would have the public believe!