mot

guzzicat

I've just remembered another one . I had failed a car due to a very large hole on the outer sill , the guy returned a few days later with the sill repaired , when I had a close look at the repair , the guy had made a cracking job of fabricating a piece of sill , he'd then glued it on ,and put a line of filler around the joint , and sculpted the filler to look like a perfect run ย of weld all around the patch ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…, ย I only looked so closely as I'd never seen such perfect welding ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…, he played up something awful when it failed again , and was adamant that his repair was as good as welding ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜….

One of the girls where I worked bought a ford ka from a very dodgy dealer, a couple of days later the exhaust fell off so I got it up on the ramp and found as well as the exhaust being held up with cable ties the whole near side sill had been fashioned out of expanding foam and underseal and it had a nice new mot on it! The dealer wasn't happy when we rang and told him to come and collect the car and to bring a refund with himย 

took my cmax for its mot on monday and it failed due to a hole in the outer cv boot, a bit miffed that it failed as i inspected the boots when i serviced the car a month before, the damage must have happened between then. its booked into a local garage as i can't be bothered to do it, should only take an hour i would have thought so ยฃ45 + parts

What did you do with what is now the spare? Am I not right in thinking that if a defective tyre, albeit the spare,ย is actually with the vehicle,ย then it will fail:-

"We would always try to be fair with customers , as most of them had been regulars for years, if a car failed on a tyre ,we would just put the spare on"

56 minutes ago, wymberley said:

What did you do with what is now the spare? Am I not right in thinking that if a defective tyre, albeit the spare,ย is actually with the vehicle,ย then it will fail:-

"We would always try to be fair with customers , as most of them had been regulars for years, if a car failed on a tyre ,we would just put the spare on"

we would just put the failed wheel and tyre into the boot , and notify the customer . back in those days , the spare wheel and tyre wasnt part of the mot test , so was irrelevant , i havent got a clue about the mot test these days to be honest.