Single barrel Baikal

Just picked up a cheap single barrel 12g Baikal for the my older children to use, just a quick question, should the firing pin work when you pull the trigger and the barrel is cocked? It doesn't seem to be doing anything, or is it designed not to?

Thanks.

Edited by Scotty1980

34 minutes ago, Scotty1980 said:

Just picked up a cheap single barrel 12g Baikal for the my older children to use, just a quick question, should the firing pin work when you pull the trigger and the barrel is cocked? It doesn't seem to be doing anything, or is it designed not to?

Thanks.

hello, if you pull the trigger you should see on the face the pin head although it is not good practice, slip a piece of paper in and see if it makes a hole. 

35 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, if you pull the trigger you should see on the face the pin head although it is not good practice, slip a piece of paper in and see if it makes a hole. 

Is that possible? I ask because I tried it once on a sxs to see which barrel fired first and the mechanism was so well machined that I couldn't close the barrel with the piece of paper in situ. In fact, on reflection, I would be worried if there was sufficient clearance / wear to slip a piece of paper in. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Is that possible? I ask because I tried it once on a sxs to see which barrel fired first and the mechanism was so well machined that I couldn't close the barrel with the piece of paper in situ. In fact, on reflection, I would be worried if there was sufficient clearance / wear to slip a piece of paper in. Thanks.

hello, i have done it with very thin paper but you have to be careful, or you can cut a piece on masking tape to a round shape just smaller than a cartridge head so closing a gun no problem,