Are these people really homeless?

Lloyd90

11 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

A once saw an episode of something like location, location. 

A still young ish woman (about late 30’s) had been given a council flat about 20 years ago in London. Eventually she bought it with the right to buy at a reduced rate and it was now worth almost £1M. 

She then sold up and bought a big place out of the city. 

Good thing she got knocked up eh! 

hello, you cannot blame her or anyone else for that matter, it was Margaret Thatcher who brought in this right to buy a council house, now look where we are in our Housing situation, she also stopped free school milk hence 1000s of gallons went down the drain,    

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, you cannot blame her or anyone else for that matter, it was Margaret Thatcher who brought in this right to buy a council house, now look where we are in our Housing situation, she also stopped free school milk hence 1000s of gallons went down the drain,    

I don’t blame the individual, most would have done the same.

However, I despair of the situation. 

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

..........she also stopped free school milk hence 1000s of gallons went down the drain,    

Only for older children, and I don't know about you, but my memory of school milk was that it was luke-warm by the time we got it and most of us threw it away anyway.

2 minutes ago, amateur said:

Only for older children, and I don't know about you, but my memory of school milk was that it was luke-warm by the time we got it and most of us threw it away anyway.

hello, it would be 1955 when i had free school milk, and delivered by the local milkman, or lady as i just cannot remember when over 60 years ago

6 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I don’t blame the individual, most would have done the same.

However, I despair of the situation. 

hello, i very much agree Lloyd, 

3 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Not really! I have no problem with this family living "off grid" as long as they fund their lifestyle themselves, and don't dip into the public purse to supplement their lifestyle choice.

They are NOT funding the NHS, or the roads or any other service, they pay no NI or Tax, how are they different from the unemployed?  They Chose this way, they Chose to freeload off the taxpayer.  It may seem an admirable even enviable life, but they will still come looking for help when things go wrong, they will still look for a pension and health care etc etc

Rs

1 minute ago, RockySpears said:

They are NOT funding the NHS, or the roads or any other service, they pay no NI or Tax, how are they different from the unemployed?  They Chose this way, they Chose to freeload off the taxpayer.  It may seem an admirable even enviable life, but they will still come looking for help when things go wrong, they will still look for a pension and health care etc etc

Rs

I thought I had covered that by writing "and don't dip in to the public purse to supplement their lifestyle choice" using the NHS is dipping into the public purse, as is sending their children to school and claiming a pension! I agree, If they choose to live "off grid" they should be required to make adequate private provision for such things.....but we all know they won't, because the government will not compel them to.........is that their fault...........or the fault of the government?

If they're not required to pay for it , and they know they will be given it for free .......why should they pay for it?....most people wouldn't!

I had a house in Dover that I bought with hard earned overseas work rented out through letting agents and always was getting layabout single women with multiple kids put in it that never opened the windows or did any other basic housekeeping norms and bitched when mould started then they would leave and I then had to redecorate it for the next waster. Gave up in the end and use it now as my UK holiday base. Tattoos ciggys and sky tv seem all attainable for these social grifters though.

We've got a couple of these in the remaining council owed houses. All of them are big ol girls with at least three kids each, one has seven. The local close community has gone to pot since  their arrival. No really wants to be here now, I've lived here for 48 years. I actually watched my house being built and moved in when it came up for sale 25 years ago. I hate it now. These mothers have no control over their kids, the absent fathers drop in to mount them on occasion, and then go back to their 3 bed house to sleep of their depression. Jeremy kyle would love here.  

But when their parents turn up to visit in their mobility cars tapping their crutches past our house ( all of them longer than me), its not hard to see that fruit never fall far from the tree. It's disturbing how these useless disgusting fat bodies are allowed to thrive. 

I'm probably too sentimental, its just that 80 years ago a lot  of young men were about to commit their lives for a cause that would allow these type of people to exist, and they haven't even got the decency to stand up on their back legs and try to improve themselves.

8 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

We've got a couple of these in the remaining council owed houses. All of them are big ol girls with at least three kids each, one has seven. The local close community has gone to pot since  their arrival. No really wants to be here now, I've lived here for 48 years. I actually watched my house being built and moved in when it came up for sale 25 years ago. I hate it now. These mothers have no control over their kids, the absent fathers drop in to mount them on occasion, and then go back to their 3 bed house to sleep of their depression. Jeremy kyle would love here.  

But when their parents turn up to visit in their mobility cars tapping their crutches past our house ( all of them longer than me), its not hard to see that fruit never fall far from the tree. It's disturbing how these useless disgusting fat bodies are allowed to thrive. 

I'm probably too sentimental, its just that 80 years ago a lot  of young men were about to commit their lives for a cause that would allow these type of people to exist, and they haven't even got the decency to stand up on their back legs and try to improve themselves.

These places exist all over the country, and the people described above breed still more of them.

Yet the people who have to pay for it are literally dying out.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

These places exist all over the country, and the people described above breed still more of them.

The people who have to pay for it can’t afford to have kids themselves, or have to struggle by when they do it responsibly. 

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Maybe just standard strategy that government won't tackle? The feckless seem to increase at will whilst responsible people have much lower limits imposed by common sense and income?

When i'm working at night i come across homeless people which is always a sad sight. I refuse to give money because it would get spent on alcohol which don't help anyone. I choose to give them food-packs of biscuits like custard creams are sweet enough to satisfy most,contain lots of calories which they need and they can be sealed up to eat later.

I've never had a bad experience with the homeless and they're usually polite. I get more trouble with drinkers staggering home from pubs/clubs.

One thing to remember-don't judge them.

1 hour ago, Imperfection said:

When i'm working at night i come across homeless people which is always a sad sight. I refuse to give money because it would get spent on alcohol which don't help anyone. I choose to give them food-packs of biscuits like custard creams are sweet enough to satisfy most,contain lots of calories which they need and they can be sealed up to eat later.

I've never had a bad experience with the homeless and they're usually polite. I get more trouble with drinkers staggering home from pubs/clubs.

One thing to remember-don't judge them.

100% behind you on not judging the homeless. My mum buys a local homeless woman a sandwich when she sees her.

she had a house and lost her job then the house. Now lives in a sleeping bag. Mum chats to her but never gives her money.

They say we are all only 2 pay checks away from being homeless.

10 minutes ago, team tractor said:

100% behind you on not judging the homeless. My mum buys a local homeless woman a sandwich when she sees her.

she had a house and lost her job then the house. Now lives in a sleeping bag. Mum chats to her but never gives her money.

They say we are all only 2 pay checks away from being homeless.

BUT...don't they have family ?   I go back to shortly after the last war and I remember having to give up my playroom so a young couple could stay there after they got married. They were not family, just good friends.  An old aunt also lost her ented house and when the young couple got themselves a house she moved in and we looked after her for about 8yrs for nothing.

I am pretty sure that should I fall on hard times tomorrow I have enough friends who would see me with a roof until I got myself sorted.  There has to be a hidden reason these people are homeless.

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

BUT...don't they have family ?   I go back to shortly after the last war and I remember having to give up my playroom so a young couple could stay there after they got married. They were not family, just good friends.  An old aunt also lost her ented house and when the young couple got themselves a house she moved in and we looked after her for about 8yrs for nothing.

I am pretty sure that should I fall on hard times tomorrow I have enough friends who would see me with a roof until I got myself sorted.  There has to be a hidden reason these people are homeless.

I’d happily put yourself up mate but that’s because how we both are. 

My wife’s family live down south and she really hasn’t got a lot up here. Strangely our children have 3 grandparents and no cousins, uncles , aunts etc . It’s weird I know. 

I guess not everyone is so lucky or nice as us 

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

The trouble is that the Benefits system reverses the natural selection principal of Darwin

I would not be comfortable living in a place that allows people to die on the street...... theres many good people that have quickly fallen into despair and become homeless through no fault of their own

My old mother's favourite saying was: "The innocent must suffer for the guilty".

No doubt there are homeless people who were forced by circumstances onto the streets but there are others such as the beggar in our local town who was followed one day after he'd collected enough cash. He walked about 500 yds to the supermarket car park, got into his car and drove off to a nearby estate and went into his council house. I'd like to be "christian" about it and help  homeless people with a contribution of some kind but sadly I'm always suspicious of just how needy they really are.

If the numbers of teenage pregnancies is actual falling I'd like to know where because it certainly isn't the case round here. In fact a recent housing development was compelled by the council to build 2 blocks of 10 or so one bed apartments specifically to house single mothers. Both I and my wife know enough local people to be well aware that most of these teenage pregnancies are entirely deliberate and are used to get a flat, furniture and money. Much of the time it's brought about to escape a lousy home life rather than to rip off the system. Very often they are themselves the child of a teenage mother who, like them, had no idea how to bring up a child to be a productive adult.

The cycle goes on and on and with every new generation the number of failing lives increases...

14 minutes ago, Westward said:

My old mother's favourite saying was: "The innocent must suffer for the guilty".

No doubt there are homeless people who were forced by circumstances onto the streets but there are others such as the beggar in our local town who was followed one day after he'd collected enough cash. He walked about 500 yds to the supermarket car park, got into his car and drove off to a nearby estate and went into his council house. I'd like to be "christian" about it and help  homeless people with a contribution of some kind but sadly I'm always suspicious of just how needy they really are.

If the numbers of teenage pregnancies is actual falling I'd like to know where because it certainly isn't the case round here. In fact a recent housing development was compelled by the council to build 2 blocks of 10 or so one bed apartments specifically to house single mothers. Both I and my wife know enough local people to be well aware that most of these teenage pregnancies are entirely deliberate and are used to get a flat, furniture and money. Much of the time it's brought about to escape a lousy home life rather than to rip off the system. Very often they are themselves the child of a teenage mother who, like them, had no idea how to bring up a child to be a productive adult.

The cycle goes on and on and with every new generation the number of failing lives increases...

I feel some of the pregnant teenagers are used by blokes, fall pregnant by accident ( been there myself) and the blokes just move on to the next free ride instead of standing up to their duty’s. I’ve seen it loads . 

I know I know it’s also done on purpose to catch the blokes. 

I do feel the people I know /have met that do it on purpose have had mental/physical abuse or a terrible up bringing so don’t know themselves. I met a girl who got pregnant on purpose as she said she wanted to feel loved . 

I know another family who has had 8 kids and he’s now locked up for neglect that led to his son dying . He had a really bad childhood with abusive parents and so did his wife. 

Ill add  I pay for all my kids and house 😎 :) 

47 minutes ago, Westward said:

All the beggers in London at the prime locations are professionals, any genuinely hungry homeless person who wandered onto the patch by accident would not last 5 minutes before getting attacked, assaulted and told to clear off.

Its good money too, one African woman with a baby who was filmed walking up to people on the concourse at Victoria Station and asking for money to buy food for the baby was estimated to be making £200 an hour. Not that she kept it, she was having to hand it over to her minders. 

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

I would not be comfortable living in a place that allows people to die on the street...... theres many good people that have quickly fallen into despair and become homeless through no fault of their own

No I agree but a system that allows the feckless to increase their benefits and get bigger houses simply by banging out more kids is tragically flawed.

2 hours ago, dodgy dave said:

i wonder how she got a mortgage

Dunno, but it's only what MP's do! I understand that they can get a mortgage on a big expensive property in London, and the public purse pays all running costs and the mortgage repayments! When at some time in the future they decide to sell the property, the sale money doesn't go back to the public purse, oh no!..........They ( the MP!) keep it all!