Vale vermin control

Looking for pigeon,rook shooting in the vale area, hoping to get my dad  back into shooting after a big absence, has10 years shooting experience he's basc insured and clean and tidy and respectful of the owners land, and uses a fully silenced 4/10 which is very quite fir the countryside, thanks everyone

21 hours ago, Shotguneddy said:

Looking for pigeon,rook shooting in the vale area, hoping to get my dad  back into shooting after a big absence, has10 years shooting experience he's basc insured and clean and tidy and respectful of the owners land, and uses a fully silenced 4/10 which is very quite fir the countryside, thanks everyone

hello, what Vale ?

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, ok he must live in the Vale of White Horse area,  

Yeah sorry guys its vale of white horse area charney Bassett, lyford,Longworth , Kingston bagpuize, Hinton wahldrist, fyfield areas I'm really looking for and mainly rooks and the odd pigeon, I've found it hard to gain perms round this area I've tried most of the farmers, and if I couldn't find the farm house, track down numbers and ask via phone but they all say no thanks or we got shooters before you've even really asked, a farmer from that area gave us a perm but it was to close to a do gooder village and a  church and not practical even with a hush power

14 minutes ago, Shotguneddy said:

Yeah sorry guys its vale of white horse area charney Bassett, lyford,Longworth , Kingston bagpuize, Hinton wahldrist, fyfield areas I'm really looking for and mainly rooks and the odd pigeon, I've found it hard to gain perms round this area I've tried most of the farmers, and if I couldn't find the farm house, track down numbers and ask via phone but they all say no thanks or we got shooters before you've even really asked, a farmer from that area gave us a perm but it was to close to a do gooder village and a  church and not practical even with a hush power

👍 It's a starting point work with the farmer.

29 minutes ago, Shotguneddy said:

Sorry to hear you have lost all the farms you used to shoot on.

1 hour ago, Shotguneddy said:

hello, what village was it ? 

1 hour ago, Shotguneddy said:

Lyford

hello, ok i know Lyford, , just about every farm or land owner in the area have either their own shoot or give permission to those that can do some type of pest control, it is known for horse fields and cereal growing with not so much in the way of woods etc, if you were given a small permission why not start with an air rifle or though a 410 hushy is very quite at least your be getting out with your dad,  you could find some beating for the up coming season, try on the NOBS web site, a beaters and picker up organisation. good luck

Good luck Eddy, I libe in KB and I've knocked on just about every farm door there is, same as you I just keep getting told already taken care of.

Perms I have are 20 mile drive away in Cotswolds mainly thanks to J dog on here!!

On 18/06/2019 at 11:42, lloydi73 said:

Good luck Eddy, I libe in KB and I've knocked on just about every farm door there is, same as you I just keep getting told already taken care of.

Perms I have are 20 mile drive away in Cotswolds mainly thanks to J dog on here!!

Core 20 miles is local to some.