Cricket

scouser

India v Pakistan is always a big game. It's one I myself enjoy watching, and it is always very popular amongst other cricket fans regardless of nationality and loyalties. So it's no surprise demand for tickets was high especially with the chance to see the best batsman in the modern game (Virat Kohli)

Edited by toontastic

Cricket is massively popular in India and Pakistan, and the sporting rivalry between them in the UK is magnified by the ongoing political differences between their countries.........a very high percentage of those applying for tickets for the cricket match between the two countries will originate from India and Pakistan......cricket in the UK is popular, but India v Pakistan matches take popular to another level!

India v Pakistan is probably the biggest single game in world cricket, and the most fiercely competed. Always worth a watch !

I love cricket, but the good Lady just rolls her eyes and mutters under her breath, as I attempt to explain the subtleties of world class spin bowler which, to me, is a wonderous thing !

Its our legacy, we appear to have left a stronger love of cricket in the old Empire, India, Pakistan, Aus , NZ and West Indies than survived here. Having lived in former parts of the British Empire I came to understand the value of a game that lasted three whole days in a land where there wasn't a lot else to fill your time and life could be extremely tedious. Cricket was the ideal game

Even in the late 70s in West Africa we had no TV, no internet, newspapers were a week out of date. So the arrival of a touring cricket team was like the circus had come to town. Three days of dawn to dusk cricket to watch, three evenings of discussing it in the bar, it was heaven.

Back in more civilised times the visitors would have brought their rifles and the fourth day would have been a shooting match as well