Interested start to the day..

washerboy

5.30 this morning driving out of my road end and opposite is a guy head to feet in camo gear, carrying reels of plastic coated cable and in his right hand some sort of automatic pistol, hopefully just a replica or simalar. All the while trying to peddle a bmx type bicycle. 

So description passed on to the local Bobby's that happens to be 16 miles away but they did send a car out as I was sat outside the unmanned police station 

Mention of a firearm and the ARG are on it straight away round here.

My Alarm is linked directly to the old bill and my other half inadvertently set it off as she was leaving the house (me sat in the car oblivious of the alarm blaring) First I knew of it was when the boys in black were running up my path! They were bloody quick. Very embarrassing though they did see the funny side. They told me it happens quite frequently and they are more than happy to find it`s an accidental than a real issue.

FB

1 hour ago, Flyboy1950 said:

Mention of a firearm and the ARG are on it straight away round here.

My Alarm is linked directly to the old bill and my other half inadvertently set it off as she was leaving the house (me sat in the car oblivious of the alarm blaring) First I knew of it was when the boys in black were running up my path! They were bloody quick. Very embarrassing though they did see the funny side. They told me it happens quite frequently and they are more than happy to find it`s an accidental than a real issue.

FB

hope you made them a brew?

Went to IKEA  at Warrington in the old army ragtop defender. Bought a new mattress for the bed and rammed it in the back. Put my old curved top walking pole on top of the mattress. We called in for petrol on the way back. I came out from paying for fuel to find a blue lighted police car with two nervous police talking to OH. Someone had seen the walking pole and thought it was a rifle and reported it and these two policemen found us first. Poor blokes thought they had a couple of nutcases driving round in a camo landrover with an uncased , unlicensed rifle in the back.

This was in the days before we had the SGC.

Dont know if they flag or mark your reg when you do have firearms but pulled over at Dover one France trip and HM customs after dismantling the car turned and said glad youve left the firearms at home .Nice to know we Are "in the public domain" as it were 

Edited by clakk

11 minutes ago, clakk said:

Dont know if they flag or mark your reg when you do have firearms but pulled over at Dover one France trip and HM customs after dismantling the car turned and said glad youve left the firearms at home .Nice to know we Are "in the public domain" as it were 

You as an individual will have a marker against your name but your vehicle certainly does not. They must have run your details through the system which the public do not have access to

Edited by bobthedug

31 minutes ago, clakk said:

I've had that and they swabbed the whole boot.

After the swab was tested I was advised it was not a good idea to put fired (shotgun or rifle) cases in the boot.

I was also told by the heavily inked, bulky, crop haired, jump-boot wearing, cargo trousered lady feverishly stripping the vehicle she was a) having a bad day and b) would not be putting the car back together again when she had finished.

Having been delayed by these people (I accept - it's a carp job where they cannot afford to get it wrong) Eurotunnel then tried to charge us more because the train we were eventually boarding on to was peak period, not off peak.

Edited by Eyefor

Yeah been there got the tee shirt ,used to live in germany back in the day so 6 to 8 trips a year told them i must be a smuggler and not just a squaddie gan yan

.Took 50 individually wrapped bottles of my favourite Weissbeir out and put them on the garage floor ,removed the carpets and spare wheel then said off you go and get a move on were busy.Give a likkle man some power and boy do they abuse it .Fair play to P n O at the time they didnt charge to put us on the later ferry when we explained why we were late .

Bob you make sense ,no doubt we are all on some ones system especially in modern times atb