Gun safe lock issue.

Pistol p

Typical, we've been given the clear to shoot and I've found that I can't unlock my gun cabinet!. Its a Bratton Sound 5 gun safe, about 12 years old. I wonder if someone with the same would be good enough to take a picture of the rear of the door, preferably the bottom lock. I do keep other valuables in there and I'm hoping something has moved and obscured the mechanism. Here's hoping as the silenced air gun needs a break. Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, millrace said:

Take a block of wood and heavy hammer and thump front and sides to giggle anything away you wont mark or damage cabinate this way...

+1 for this or try pushing against lock point with knee as you turn key I had this.

6 hours ago, Pistol p said:

Typical, we've been given the clear to shoot and I've found that I can't unlock my gun cabinet!. Its a Bratton Sound 5 gun safe, about 12 years old. I wonder if someone with the same would be good enough to take a picture of the rear of the door, preferably the bottom lock. I do keep other valuables in there and I'm hoping something has moved and obscured the mechanism. Here's hoping as the silenced air gun needs a break. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have the same cabinet , roughly the same age.

If you pm me a mobile telephone number or email address I can send you pics.

Regards,

Bob

My Brattonsound got a tiny bit of rust where the arms to each of the locking bolts is - as a result it got tricky to open but popped the back off the door and squirted some Legia around and it's tickety boo now

Obviously you still need to get into it so I second giving it a tickle with a lump of wood - I'd go dead centre as that's where my problem was

Good news. I used wd40 then spent 5 minutes trying and twisting the key in the lock. Finally a few good belts with a piece of hard wood and hammer and, hey presto, it rolled open. 

So thanks for your suggestions and time. Job done, pigeon pie coming up.