Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pistol p

Gun safe lock issue.

Recommended Posts

Typical, we've been given the clear to shoot and I've found that I can't unlock my gun cabinet!. Its a Bratton Sound 5 gun safe, about 12 years old. I wonder if someone with the same would be good enough to take a picture of the rear of the door, preferably the bottom lock. I do keep other valuables in there and I'm hoping something has moved and obscured the mechanism. Here's hoping as the silenced air gun needs a break. Thanks in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a block of wood and heavy hammer and thump front and sides to giggle anything away you wont mark or damage cabinate this way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, millrace said:

Take a block of wood and heavy hammer and thump front and sides to giggle anything away you wont mark or damage cabinate this way...

+1 for this or try pushing against lock point with knee as you turn key I had this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an issue with a lock and they sent a brand new one out in the post. 

Great service by Brattonsound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pistol p said:

Typical, we've been given the clear to shoot and I've found that I can't unlock my gun cabinet!. Its a Bratton Sound 5 gun safe, about 12 years old. I wonder if someone with the same would be good enough to take a picture of the rear of the door, preferably the bottom lock. I do keep other valuables in there and I'm hoping something has moved and obscured the mechanism. Here's hoping as the silenced air gun needs a break. Thanks in advance.

 

Hi, I have the same cabinet , roughly the same age.

If you pm me a mobile telephone number or email address I can send you pics.

Regards,

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello mate, my email is mrssr@me.com. Thanks for that, I'll take a look when I'm back in the country. Thanks again. Pete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Brattonsound got a tiny bit of rust where the arms to each of the locking bolts is - as a result it got tricky to open but popped the back off the door and squirted some Legia around and it's tickety boo now

Obviously you still need to get into it so I second giving it a tickle with a lump of wood - I'd go dead centre as that's where my problem was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pistol p said:

Hello mate, my email is mrssr@me.com. Thanks for that, I'll take a look when I'm back in the country. Thanks again. Pete.

Hi, couple of pics sent.

Regards,

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news. I used wd40 then spent 5 minutes trying and twisting the key in the lock. Finally a few good belts with a piece of hard wood and hammer and, hey presto, it rolled open. 

 So thanks for your suggestions and time. Job done, pigeon pie coming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...