Preparation and planning

walshie

We went to the Le Mans 24 hour race again this year. Last year we had a new addition to our group who enjoyed the whole experience and his first time camping.

This year he said he was taking a camp bed instead of his inflatable bed as he "kept rolling off" the inflatable last year, even though it was only because he didn't pump it up enough. I asked him if he was sure it would fit as he only has a small 2 man tent. I suggested trying it in his back garden to be sure. On the way, he admitted he hadn't. but "it's the same length as the tent, so it'll fit." He was so sure of this he didn't take any sort of backup in the form of a rollmat or anything.

This is why preparation is better than assuming...

20190613_190917.jpg.40ddea64b0de5408337dec7ba6d050f5.jpg

2 hours ago, fern01 said:

Did he try diagonally across the tent?

He tried every direction. On paper it is smaller than the tent. In real life, the tent curves so much it is a lot smaller at camp bed height. He had the choice of sleeping with his feet out or laying on the groundsheet on the lumpy ground. (I assume it was lumpy. It was hard to tell through my inflatable mattress.) He went with option B.