Guys And Gals, A Favour Please

wymberley

And with the kind permission from Teal for this one.

We have all just recently had a poke in the eye so - and whereas I could do this with friends and family - I thought perhaps we'd like the opportunity to wield the pointy stick for a change. I'm attempting to start up a petition and have got to the point where I need 5 backers. It relates to preventing crowd-funding from being used for nothing other than its initial purpose, ie charitable deeds. It will prohibit their use for political purposes along with the funding of lobby groups for their activities. Don't think I need to say more.

Consequently, it would be good if just 5 members PM me with their email address so I can forward the details which should you then approve you simply hit on the link provided. All I would additionally ask is that you let me know your response so that I then know if I've got the necessary 5 backers. Should this application with the 5 backers meet the necessary criteria then it will be activated but apparently whereas this takes under a week normally, currently there is a little backlog.

Many thanks,

Phil

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, People, could we please stop there for now as I don't want to waste anyone's time. Just waiting for one final confirmation and I'll get back. Just in case anyone thinks I can't count, we have one member with his light under a bushel.

Just now, rimfire4969 said:

If you want mine i'm happy to help.

Many thanks , could you just hang slack.

51 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I wonder if multi petitions might help

Possibly not, anything similar to anything already up and running will probably get rejected. See next post. EDIT: - which it seems have been merged.

For those who have kindly responded, a link to the criteria by which we're judged. I can't be certain, but believe we're OK:

https://petition.parliament.uk/help#standards

40 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Possibly not, anything similar to anything already up and running will probably get rejected. See next post. EDIT: - which it seems have been merged.

For those who have kindly responded, a link to the criteria by which we're judged. I can't be certain, but believe we're OK:

https://petition.parliament.uk/help#standards

:good:

15 minutes ago, old'un said:

Phil, I don’t want to put a damper on your idea, and I know who its aimed at, but couldn’t they just change the wording to membership fee, or simply donation.

Or am I missing something???

Bottom line is is that it's not a bad idea in its own right.

But yes, what you say is true, there's always a way around everything, but sometimes it is possible to make such an effort not worthwhile. One of the things that we're always remarking on is how we suffer death from a thousand cuts. I'm happy to make a bit of an effort if we can return the compliment. Once again, we're not aiming at them or their fanatical disciples, but showing them up for what they are to the general public.

17 minutes ago, old'un said:

Would that not also apply to BASC and its fighting/war chest funds? And what if we wish to crowd fund in the future to possibly fight a bigger challenge from WJ?

Sorry if I am putting the spanner in the works mate. :blush:

No problem.

The difference between the two is that BASC is a properly constituted organisation in full compliance of all legislative requirements. applicable to its status. WJ, for example, is just a small mob begging for dosh because they don't want to spend any of their own.

While I'm on, I thought it possible that I may have got in a bit of a muddle with emails this afternoon, but now it seems not. In which case it might just be that the reason I've not had the fifth and final notification which would put the petition into its next application stage is because the staff all pushed off for early tea.

16 minutes ago, wymberley said:

No problem.

The difference between the two is that BASC is a properly constituted organisation in full compliance of all legislative requirements. applicable to its status. WJ, for example, is just a small mob begging for dosh because they don't want to spend any of their own.

While I'm on, I thought it possible that I may have got in a bit of a muddle with emails this afternoon, but now it seems not. In which case it might just be that the reason I've not had the fifth and final notification which would put the petition into its next application stage is because the staff all pushed off for early tea.

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Come on get this thing underway!

Probably all ex plumbers.

This is possibly a spanner in the works, they may say it is not under the control of the government.

Quote:

It’s about something the UK Government or House of Commons is not responsible for.

That includes: something that your local council is responsible for; something that another Government (such as the Scottish Government, the Welsh Government or the Northern Ireland Executive) is responsible for; and something that an independent organisation has done.

11 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

This is possibly a spanner in the works, they may say it is not under the control of the government.

Quote:

It’s about something the UK Government or House of Commons is not responsible for.

That includes: something that your local council is responsible for; something that another Government (such as the Scottish Government, the Welsh Government or the Northern Ireland Executive) is responsible for; and something that an independent organisation has done.

I tend to disagree - but am not qualified to be more positive one way or the other - but believe it is something that our government can legislate about. However, the 5th and last notification hit my inbox a couple of minutes ago so we can let the experts decide. Dependent upon backlog, about a week or so to get the answer.