Guys And Gals, A Favour Please

wymberley

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I understand what you are saying, but when you are trying to argue with a man that has mass media at his disposal, you can NEVER win the argument.

Because he has that mass appeal, he also has the opportunity for mass crowd funding, and if it came to votes, hes going to blow any field sports lobby out the water.

I know you have addressed Wymberleys petition effort, but packham has the bit between his teeth now, his recent forays into crowd funded legal territory, has given him and his wild justice cronies a battle plan, and its one that could become all too successful.
Thats why I mentioned non blood field sports, first he will come for the hunters, then he will come after anything that can be used to hunt.

His followers, many of whom have never seen a lapwing 🙄, will support whatever he wants to do, because it sounds like the right thing to do, and everyone knows hunters are bad , they kill lions and giraffes ect ect.

Whatever field sports you do or support , a united front is essential.

Which is why using a single, cogent and highly compelling argument to stop any momentum on his part is key.

Simply using the same argument over and over against him and ignore the tangents.  It’s what Trump does to great effect, also Farage, etc.

Beat him on an argument of conservation, corvids preying on songbirds as an example or buzzards predating on barn owl chicks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Which is why using a single, cogent and highly compelling argument to stop any momentum on his part is key.

Simply using the same argument over and over against him and ignore the tangents.  It’s what Trump does to great effect, also Farage, etc.

Beat him on an argument of conservation, corvids preying on songbirds as an example or buzzards predating on barn owl chicks.

Absolutely.. we need to prove him wrong.  songbird-survival.org.uk recently published a paper saying that Magpies were significant predators of songbirds. something packam and co have denied !.. I know who I would be most happy to believe,. a group of conservation experts or an egotistical self styled saviour of the world.

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Absolutely.. we need to prove him wrong.  songbird-survival.org.uk recently published a paper saying that Magpies were significant predators of songbirds. something packam and co have denied !.. I know who I would be most happy to believe,. a group of conservation experts or an egotistical self styled saviour of the world.

That’s the perfect kind thing, discredit him by challenging his self styled expert credentials.

Absolutely nothing to do with shooters defending their interest, just rigorous scientific approach and reasoned argument knocking him down time and time again.

42 minutes ago, grrclark said:

That’s the perfect kind thing, discredit him by challenging his self styled expert credentials.

Absolutely nothing to do with shooters defending their interest, just rigorous scientific approach and reasoned argument knocking him down time and time again.

I agree in principle, but there's only one problem... That hasn't worked so far, he's been doing this for years, spouting rubbish and working his agenda. 

Like I said, he has the media. 

26 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Surely some members of the RSPB or other conservation groups know full well the damage that  packams plans will have on the very birds he claims to want to protect.  I expect that we will have to wait until the damage is done before he is condemned as a hypocrite. lets hope its not to late.. Im still confused as to why the shooting and conservation orgs aren't putting out a lot more info regarding the good management of habitats such as moorland and wetlands achieved by the shooting fraternity, often resulting in increased biodiversity..        social media seems to be the way to go !!

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I understand what you are saying, but when you are trying to argue with a man that has mass media at his disposal, you can NEVER win the argument.

Because he has that mass appeal, he also has the opportunity for mass crowd funding, and if it came to votes, hes going to blow any field sports lobby out the water.

I know you have addressed Wymberleys petition effort, but packham has the bit between his teeth now, his recent forays into crowd funded legal territory, has given him and his wild justice cronies a battle plan, and its one that could become all too successful.
Thats why I mentioned non blood field sports, first he will come for the hunters, then he will come after anything that can be used to hunt.

His followers, many of whom have never seen a lapwing 🙄, will support whatever he wants to do, because it sounds like the right thing to do, and everyone knows hunters are bad , they kill lions and giraffes ect ect.

Whatever field sports you do or support , a united front is essential.

BASC subscription😁.  Beats all the PW rhetoric.......

19 minutes ago, islandgun said:

No I haven't,  but I will.. It would be nice to come across about the positives in other places besides the free paper

Good. See if you get on any better than I did. Whenever I asked what were they doing about this that or the other ( which admittedly must have been tiring as I did it frequently ) they would mostly ask ‘ what would you like us to do about it?’ 🙂