Traditional English Springer Spaniels

spanielboy

Folks Ive been searching for an old styled springer for years now but haven’t come across any.

im looking for a pup for next year from the larger style of dogs that can work day on day out and are the size of modern labradors.

does such a springer even exist anymore? Can anyone recommend a breeder?

thanks 

My springer is from modern trial lines, he’s just gone over a year old and is just a tiny bit smaller than a bitch lab. He’s got a bit of filling out to do yet but I wouldn’t want him too big. 

Ive seen some that are very stocky and heavy set but they’re not pretty to watch, it’s like a pig plowing through cover. Rather a dog with brains over brute force. 

15 hours ago, islandgun said:

My 4yr old "gus"  came from Grantham  smarter than me. better pedigree, more proud,  only slows down after the first 25 miles, a joy to be with

2027568535_thumbnail(3).jpg.2e079699b8edfa90c3111f043d339afe.jpg

He's a nice looking dog and that's a nice looking spot mate :) How big is the dog? He looks sturdy! 

Do you have that whole island to shoot yourself? lol 

On 21/06/2019 at 00:18, spanielboy said:

He looks stunning. What’s his breeding? 

Theres a few FTC in his history. but i think he's just from working stock, I can PM if you want the contact number of the breeder

On 21/06/2019 at 10:53, Lloyd90 said:

He's a nice looking dog and that's a nice looking spot mate  How big is the dog? He looks sturdy! 

Do you have that whole island to shoot yourself? lol 

Hes 22" to the shoulder. [I dont know if this is big]  doesnt carry much weight though, seems well suited to the heather

Edited by islandgun