Looking for an RCO Course

Scrumbag

Hi folks,

Is anyone (clubs or companies) offering an RCO course in the not too distant future?

Myself and a good buddy (Both NRA members, regular club shots and can provide references) are trying to do the course but seem to always have problems making the dates at Bisley.

If you could fit in a couple of extras on your day we'd really appreciate it.

Please comment below or drop me a PM with dates and a price if you can help.

TIA,

Scrummy

Scrumbag,,

I guess it depends on what you want to be an RCO for? If you just want some knowledge the NSRA also do an RCO course. However you need to understand if you want to be an RCO with an accredited qualification to be able to book and run MOD ranges on behalf of your club the ONLY qualification that I'm aware of that will permit you to be able to do this is the NRA qualification for which you will get a photo-ID card which you will need in order to get the MOD licence to be able to shoot on their ranges. 

I'm acutely aware of this as I've been trying to get the NRA to conduct a "local course" to qualify a number of members as its a pain fo some to get to Bisley.

Sadly if you want to qualify as an NRA RCO, they have now mandated that you have to first have a period as a "Range Safety Assistant" for a minimum of 6 months and I believe they have introduced a course for this which you need to complete as a pre-requisite to doing the RCO Course and exam.

If you just want the knowledge for use at your own club range then you can probably purchase the course training materials from the NRA.

Good Luck in getting sorted, but don't hold your breath with the NRA!https://nra.org.uk/courses-and-training/range-conducting-officer/

https://nra.org.uk/courses-and-training/range-safety-officer/

Edited by English
Add info

As above, there are different RCO courses these days, including the HME version, mine is the ordinary Centerfire and MoD ranges, but short of HME.

Bisley is the obvious place, and when I did mine I do recall I was about the most local, only about 20 miles away, many others came from far afield and stayed over!

Yes the HME thing is a PITA -I did my RCO years before that came out when our club organised one locally, however I had to go to Bisley to redo a HME course for that to be added to my Card. However I do believe they include it pretty much as standard if you do the course at Bisley these days.