Which 243 ammo

kier

Hi Kier

These were from my Howa 1500 243 1/10 twist fluted barrel last Friday, 5 shot of Sako gamehead 90gr off table and bipod (bottom pulled) and 3 shot group shot from prone of Winchester super x 80gr (only had 3 left) should hopefully give an idea.  I’m just a mere mortal/novice so you should expect to improve on this.  These are all at 100 Metres with no real wind but despite my streaming hay fever..

641D60A1-93EF-4AAA-B45B-35D7946DDAE2.jpeg

DCBCE19B-270F-42E5-8E6F-5A427F0294BB.jpeg

Look, as others have said, I'm not trying to have a go but if you have been shooting 50 years why are you asking, what has 50 years shooting taught you?

You will need to try different ammo, I have a Rem 700 SPS 308, a pal has one just the same, mine delivers 1" with PRVI 150g SP, he is happy if he can keep it within 4 inches with the same ammo out of the same box!!!!!

Again, as others have mentioned, lighter may work better, my T3 Hunter .243 isn't a fan of anything in 100g or more, so I stick to 90g, works a treat!