Honda generators

la bala

Had a call from son in law, he has a bit of a part time fitter. Got 2 Honda generators here and fitter cant get armatures off. Oh dear says I, you better bring them up to me then. Now I am not time served in mechanics or engineering, but what is it with some people. It seems to me the term fitter, is someone who can unbolt a part and bolt on a new one. When that part wont come off it all goes pear shaped. :lol: .   Anyway first engine, cut a couple of slots in some metal rummaged round for my old ball joint splitter, job done.

Capture h.PNG

Capture h9.PNG

Capture h1.PNG

Second engine had the plastic fan in the way so i couldnt wedge it off. Sit in my smoking chair, and have a rollup and ponder:lol:.  Right, what we will do is make a puller up using the engine frame as a support. Now I know it took me a little time codging these bits together, but actually getting the armatures off 15 minutes tops. If thats todays fitters, you can have them.:lol:

Capture h3.PNG

Capture h4.PNG

4 hours ago, la bala said:

seems to me the term fitter, is someone who can unbolt a part and bolt on a new one. When that part wont come off it all goes pear shaped

Some fitters I have encountered have been fantastic....then there are others who I wouldn't trust to put a condom on a carrot!

same with the terms 'engineer' and 'technician'

Gas engineer?....yeah right. Most likely at best a Gas Fitter

there is a bed company on TV advertising that all its beds are delivered by their engineers!

"technician".    Another misuse of the word

Nail Technician?....really??

sorry for the rant just one of my many many peeves!

We have fitters and mechanics

If its properly broken and needs replacement one for one it goes to a fitter, if its sort of broken it goes to a mechanic.

From what i can deduce if its bolts on or off or component based then its fitter anything else is mechanic, if it cant be repaired and needs replacing its back to the fitter