Rimfire challenge

spandit

Do you guys have Easter egg shoots?  Here on the Saturday before Easter we have them across the US.  It’s a really fun game where to spread eggs around he range out to 500 yards.  Most are 22 only.  Everyone player puts $10 into a pot and they take turns shooting a egg.  The eggs start at 25yards.  When it’s your turn you have to hit the egg in one shot or your out. You can chose any egg but most people choose the closest.  But as the closer eggs get shot you have to keep reaching out.  I have seen them go all the way to 500yards and they run out of eggs.  But most time a winner comes out around 350yards.  They are a hoot and I recommend you organize one.  THE trick to winning to to know your drop and how many clicks for each range.  

Here is some eye candy hitting one at 300 standing.  

14 hours ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Count me out, If i went prone, i would never ever get up again 🤣

Same here, you beat me to it.  BUT an excellent idea.  I assumed 22RF and sporting rifle not a target model.  I'm sure I could have someone handy to help me back on my feet:lol:

I use shoot and see targets for checking zero would they be acceptable.

4 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Do you guys have Easter egg shoots?  Here on the Saturday before Easter we have them across the US.  It’s a really fun game where to spread eggs around he range out to 500 yards.  Most are 22 only.  Everyone player puts $10 into a pot and they take turns shooting a egg.  The eggs start at 25yards.  When it’s your turn you have to hit the egg in one shot or your out. You can chose any egg but most people choose the closest.  But as the closer eggs get shot you have to keep reaching out.  I have seen them go all the way to 500yards and they run out of eggs.  But most time a winner comes out around 350yards.  They are a hoot and I recommend you organize one.  THE trick to winning to to know your drop and how many clicks for each range.  

Very nice. She very much reminds me of a local postie, but her boobs are much bigger. You can tell when she’s walking down the street cos you see blokes walking into lamp posts and slipping off pavements as they watch her boobs swinging from side to side! 😃

Thanks for sharing. 👍

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Same here, you beat me to it.  BUT an excellent idea.  I assumed 22RF and sporting rifle not a target model.  I'm sure I could have someone handy to help me back on my feet

I use shoot and see targets for checking zero would they be acceptable.

Sporting rifle, yes, and although I used 22lr it doesn't really matter it's just that ammo is cheap so it's not an expensive bit of fun. Any target is fine, although if we are taking this global there should be a standard

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I like that easter egg idea .

And obviously it can be shot with any gun so even a sub 12 airgun version would work with random ranges from say 3 out to 100 yds .

I guess if there are only 2 or 3 players then you could have a 3 misses and your out rule. To extend the game. 

I suppose  with more shooters you can reduce this to 1 or 2 misses before your out. .

4 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

I like that easter egg idea .

And obviously it can be shot with any gun so even a sub 12 airgun version would work with random ranges from say 3 out to 100 yds .

I guess if there are only 2 or 3 players then you could have a 3 misses and your out rule. To extend the game. 

I suppose  with more shooters you can reduce this to 1 or 2 misses before your out. .

Yea,  but the winning pot would be small.  But it’s still fun.  There is some skill to it.  Example.  The two closes eggs are say 75yards and 63yards.  The 63 one is closer but you know the exact drop at 75.  Do you go for the 63 that’s closer or the 75?  

46 minutes ago, spandit said:

She's very pretty but I think her voice would irritate me which is why I would turn down any of her advances should we meet. My decision.

Yea,  she is has the southern draw. But let’s be honest, would you really turn down her advances?  

Used to love the long range stuff.

200y falling plate with a pistol.

200y .22lr.

Most recent was plinking with my lads at 100y with .22 S200.

Amazing how they still group at ranges, way beyond the point where the tradjectory has become impractical for normal use.

Lovely girl ( father Jack voice ) but boy, the size of those hands !

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Yea,  she is has the southern draw. But let’s be honest, would you really turn down her advances?  

I think the chances of her making advances on me are significantly lower than my chances of a 1-hole bull group from standing...