Conservative leadership race - merged threads

Walker570

Just read that James Cleverley has decided to step aside. His reasons for doing so are based on the fact that the 'Inner Circle' of MPs are suggesting he doesn't fit with THEIR criterior, even though he has great support from grassroots Conservatives.  He is the one person I have seen interviewed, by Peirs Morgan, whom I would vote for.  Knowledgeable, ex businesman, and willing to say what he believes. He is at present involved with preparations for a No Deal Brexit so knows what is involved.

Another case of not having the right handshake ??

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt anyone could pull the party back in line. It is total anarchy in Parliament at present. And that is all parties. The remainers in tory will still vote with Labour and snp remains to make the current farce go on for longer. The EU have said no to further negotiations so if a new leader was to just pull us out on a no deal it would not be long before they would be having another leadership election. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Just read that James Cleverley has decided to step aside. His reasons for doing so are based on the fact that the 'Inner Circle' of MPs are suggesting he doesn't fit with THEIR criterior, even though he has great support from grassroots Conservatives.  He is the one person I have seen interviewed, by Peirs Morgan, whom I would vote for.  Knowledgeable, ex businesman, and willing to say what he believes. He is at present involved with preparations for a No Deal Brexit so knows what is involved.

probably why he stepped aside, he knew things were going to get worse before they get better?

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/06/2019 at 12:36, Walker570 said:

In many walks of life competent people with integrity do not get promoted. Because those in control, often lack competence and consequently are frightened that they themselves will be exposed as the over promoted, poor calibre managers they often are!.....dunno about funny handshakes..........but I have seen the 'system' show "you can't buck the system'" many, many times!

so there is 5 of them....including Boris.......................

i have watched 10mins of this hour long programme.......................AND IM SICK TO THE BACK TEETH OF IT ALREADY.....(turned over)................

i really dont care anymore...........i just want us to get out at virtually any cost...........i have lost the will to live...i thought the programme would be interesting.......BUT I HAVE HAD IT

(mods if you want to move this ok)

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well you stuck it for longer than I could, now watching Tony Robinson wandering along the Thames.

Hhhahahah......thats exactly the same here..:lol:...........what does that say..................."i would much rather watch Tony Robinson tiddle in the Thames....than the choosing of this countries next leader"

18 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well you stuck it for longer than I could, now watching Tony Robinson wandering along the Thames.

MATT's cartoon , front page of the Telegraph today was a cracker. Two guys standing by the wall outside Westminster looking across the Thames and one saying "There goes Rory Stewart again doing a walk about" and there is a figure ..Rory Stewart walking on the Thames.  One of Matt's best yet, he almost always hits the nail on the head.

43 minutes ago, ditchman said:

so there is 5 of them....including Boris.......................

i have watched 10mins of this hour long programme.......................AND IM SICK TO THE BACK TEETH OF IT ALREADY.....(turned over)................

i really dont care anymore...........i just want us to get out at virtually any cost...........i have lost the will to live...i thought the programme would be interesting.......BUT I HAVE HAD IT

(mods if you want to move this ok)

watched more than you did, everyone basically just saying whatever they feel will win them the job, still turned it off very boring.

I turned off after the second question, the woman essentially using the BBC to broadcast that we shouldn't leave the EU as it might affect her hugely privileged life "my husband is in property, one of my sons works in the city and the other is a vet".

As for Rory Steward, quite why he is in the Conservative e party baffles me