Conservative leadership race - merged threads

Walker570

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong I hope Boris can sort something as I think we are all fed up with the Tory fiasco, just not holding my breath. 

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

I'd like to see the Tories say were for brexit and fight a GE while Labour say there against brexit, then see how the chips fall

It's just as hard to do that as it is for Labour to say they are against. 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Don't get me wrong I hope Boris can sort something as I think we are all fed up with the Tory fiasco, just not holding my breath. 

It's just as hard to do that as it is for Labour to say they are against. 

It is far from a Tory fiasco, the whole of Parliament has derailed the whole process and should be ashamed of themselves!

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It is far from a Tory fiasco, the whole of Parliament has derailed the whole process and should be ashamed of themselves!

Quite right.

The Tories form the government - and so have a VERY visible fiasco on their hands and are technically responsible.  However Labour have an equally bad split between leavers and remainers, and a part leader who sits on the fence (bring back barbed wire!) and have had NUMEROUS opportunities to see the Brexit over the line with no loss of face, but have played 'party before country' on every occasion.

Actually, the 'non fiasco' parties are the LibDems who have always been solid remainers, and the SNP likewise.

The actual causes are many and various;

Badly handled by May and her civil servants, EU playing bully boy to prevent others following our lead, parliament going against the Brexit vote, May loosing (through incompetence) her (slim) majority, Corbyn playing party politics rather than being a statesman and enabling the democratic outcome (which his party campaigned at the last election to do)

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

Vote will be split all over the place and Brexit party wont power share. 

I would hope the Brexit Party would have the sense to not try and split the vote. But who knows? It now looks likely they were the true winners in Peterborough so maybe they feel empowered to go for it.

Just when you think it couldn't get any more crazy

Edited by Vince Green

30 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I would hope the Brexit Party would have the sense to not try and split the vote. But who knows? It now looks likely they were the true winners in Peterborough so maybe they feel empowered to go for it.

why what has happened now.....i thought there were no naughty goings on

Lets get this straight. The Tories composed the original referendum. They wrote the script and composed the score. It's only them that caused all of this. Other bit players may have mudied the water but it's wholy a Tory cock up. 

36 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Of course they will split the vote. Labour, Tories, Lib Dems and Brexit party and the SNP's all getting a share. Might be more PR than we imagined. Perm anyone of at least six. 

The only ones playing party before the country are the Tories. Playing fast and loose with the very fabric of the Union. Where are they now with the precious time granted in the extension? Playing house. 

Edited by oowee

51 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

can't post a link, just google Peterborough Vote rigging

I cant see anything new? Interesting that when you google it you get a whole load of stuff back in 2004 too. Sounds like the whole place is mixed up in it. 

1 hour ago, Flyboy1950 said:

Was he stabbed in the back? If he was, he now knows what it`s like.

Either way good result.

FB

They’re saying Boris had so much report he “could have” manoeuvred it to choose his opponent. 

I’d be disappointed in him if he didn’t. The PM needs to have the brains and skill to do stuff like that 🤷‍♂️😂

I think most for us will agree that politicians have lost the trust of the electorate ? That they are generally seen as self-serving ne'er-do-wells, who aren't to be trusted with your wallet or your wife ?

So, in what way is the solution to allow a shameless liar,  blatant opportunist and egotistical self-publicist to be tenant of No.10 ? I don't get it !

BoJo will face the same tribulations and parliamentary mathematics that dogged Mrs May..........and he has no coherent plan to break the deadlock (apart from saying that he has a plan !). He brings nothing new, except e empty promises and vague aspirstions we've heard for the last three years ! The EU will NOT renegotiate, and parliament will not allow so-called no deal. Square one, here we come !

Yes, Boris is amusing and entertaining but, if you look past his floppy-haired foppishness and florid language (which he resorts to when he has no meaningful answer)........is he suitable for the highest office ? And will he restore the public's faith in statesmanship and diplomacy ? Really ? I mean, really ?

It is amusing that people knock Boris, when he is the best the Tories have to offer at this time - albeit the best of a poor bunch. Labour have Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott. Really ? I mean, really ? :whistling:

Boris has put all his eggs in one basket - he has to deliver Brexit or face being even worse than Theresa May. To those who continually say Brexit will not happen - what will you say when it does?

Just now, Gordon R said:

It is amusing that people knock Boris, when he is the best the Tories have to offer at this time - albeit the best of a poor bunch. Labour have Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott. Really ? I mean, really ? :whistling:

Boris has put all his eggs in one basket - he has to deliver Brexit or face being even worse than Theresa May. To those who continually say Brexit will not happen - what will you say when it does?

Yep, they are certainly getting the wobblies in Brussels.

Boris is already wobbling on the 31st date. His supporters are saying different things about how fixed it is. His own ministers are saying they will vote down the government with a prospect of a no deal exit.

I do hope he can pull something sensible out of the bag but it looks unlikely. 

In life there are positive people and negative people. The positive people are generally happy, whilst the negative people love nothing better than being prophets of doom.:whistling:

I feel genuinely sorry for them - going through life seeing the worst outcome, at every corner.