Conservative leadership race - merged threads

Walker570

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

It is amusing that people knock Boris, when he is the best the Tories have to offer at this time - albeit the best of a poor bunch. Labour have Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott. Really ? I mean, really ? :whistling:

Boris has put all his eggs in one basket - he has to deliver Brexit or face being even worse than Theresa May. To those who continually say Brexit will not happen - what will you say when it does?

No no no !

They're going for Boris not because he can beat Corbyn et al.........but because they're trying to out-Brexit  the Brexit party ! They are terrified of Sir Nigel !

8 hours ago, Gordon R said:

It is amusing that people knock Boris, when he is the best the Tories have to offer at this time - albeit the best of a poor bunch. Labour have Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott. Really ? I mean, really ? :whistling:

Boris has put all his eggs in one basket - he has to deliver Brexit or face being even worse than Theresa May. To those who continually say Brexit will not happen - what will you say when it does?

Agreed Gordon but with regard to reputation not really sure now that any politico can claim one?

Lying, stealing, ignoring the electorate? Sums up most for me, personally will never trust another one at any level.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-johnsons-home
Police were called to the home of Boris Johnson and his partner, Carrie Symonds, in the early hours of Friday morning after neighbours heard a loud altercation involving screaming, shouting and banging.
The argument could be heard outside the property where the potential future prime minister is living with Symonds, a former Conservative party head of press.
A neighbour told the Guardian they heard a woman screaming followed by “slamming and banging”. At one point Symonds could be heard telling Johnson to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”...
When contacted by the Guardian on Friday, police initially said they had no record of a domestic incident at the address. But when given the case number and reference number, as well as identification markings of the vehicles that were called out, police issued a statement saying: “At 00:24hrs on Friday, 21 June, police responded to a call from a local resident in [south London]. The caller was concerned for the welfare of a female neighbour.
“Police attended and spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well. There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action.”

Interesting that the Police initially denied any domestic incident at the flat and only when confronted 'with the case number and reference number, as well as identification markings of the vehicles that were called out' did they confirm it

Edited by Capt Christopher Jones

21 hours ago, Mice! said:

Said on the radio that the leadership will be decided by the end of next month 😯😯😯 i was thinking this time next week, right back to work get stuff sorted.

silly me☹ 

this may well stuff Blojo  https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7214394/boris-johnson-girlfriend-carrie-symonds-conservative/

9 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Did anything actually happen or is someone trying to create a story?

Is it nowadays considered normal to have equipment already set up for recording conversations in neighbouring dwellings?

If you were genuinely concerned that a person might be in danger, would you seek help straight away, or would you wait until you had made a recording of the incident before calling the police?

27 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Is it nowadays considered normal to have equipment already set up for recording conversations in neighbouring dwellings?

If you were genuinely concerned that a person might be in danger, would you seek help straight away, or would you wait until you had made a recording of the incident before calling the police?

we all( well most of us ) have smart phones with recording facility, so like a boy scout , always prepared 

5 hours ago, Gordon R said:

The smear campaign is up and running. Boris had an argument - Jezzer has tea with spies, consorts with terrorists, ignores anti-Semitism, but no loud voices were heard. Work it out for yourself.

So how did you find out about Jeremy?

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

Hunt must be loving it, 

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

The simple fact is, whether the Tories want to believe it or not, if we aren't out of the EU at the end of October they'll be toast at the next general election. Irrelevant of who is the new PM. They've had 2 recent warnings, which they seem to ignore, hoping that their support will come flooding back at the threat of a Corbyn government... It won't. 

14 hours ago, poontang said:

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

The simple fact is, whether the Tories want to believe it or not, if we aren't out of the EU at the end of October they'll be toast at the next general election. Irrelevant of who is the new PM. They've had 2 recent warnings, which they seem to ignore, hoping that their support will come flooding back at the threat of a Corbyn government... It won't. 

If you’re right then no deal seems to be the only option by 31st October. I still don’t see that happening but I hope that does not lead to a Corbyn government. 

Gonna get interesting once the summer hols are over...

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Gonna get interesting once the summer hols are over...

you would think given the mess things are in, a new cabinet to sort out, Brexit looming over everything, Corbyn hoping the Tories continue to crash and burn that the new PM would cancel the summer hols, maybe just have a week away then all hands to the pumps?

I very much doubt it though.

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

you would think given the mess things are in, a new cabinet to sort out, Brexit looming over everything, Corbyn hoping the Tories continue to crash and burn that the new PM would cancel the summer hols, maybe just have a week away then all hands to the pumps?

I very much doubt it though.

Agreed, but yeah, not happening.

15 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Agreed, but yeah, not happening.

It's like that bloody awful TV series, Can't Pay We'll Take It Away. The hopeless object of everyone's derision ignores repeated warnings that they need to wake up, then one day the baliffs arrive and they're out on their ear at crack of dawn with nowhere to go and their old house boarded up with the locks changed.

Brexit in October is going to be like that.