Beech mast.

JDog

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

Now I've retired I do a couple of mowing and weeding jobs locally to get me out and about a bit and pay the car insurance, never seen so many weeds cropping up out of nowhere.

Weeds are doing very well but trees are not growing as well as they should, a very odd year !

12 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

I have an Oak and an Ash across the road who have about ten percent of leaves and the Ash is zero . They have posted notices from the council that the Oak will be felled. I also have a Ash at the bottom of my garden about sixty feet not a leaf on it.

Ash die back?

On 20/06/2019 at 21:25, AYA117 said:

I am a nurseyman and in 34 years have never seen so much seed and flower as this year on mature trees.

I was as well in another life time 4th generation, anyway I would say after last year's hot summer trees will try and reproduce as they were probably stressed.

9 hours ago, muncher said:

I was as well in another life time 4th generation, anyway I would say after last year's hot summer trees will try and reproduce as they were probably stressed.

I am 3rd generation and next year will our centenary. I have come to the same conclusion, that trees when stressed go into panic mode.