Mark field... Well done

novice cushie shooter

In the unedited footage (which includes what's going on in the rest of the venue) it's chaos, there are alarms shrieking off, people running, people screaming and shouting, other people scuffling (who aren't ministers and so haven't been singled out) and anyone there at that moment in time would not have been able to assess the threat, what was going on, what was / was not to come or what the intruders objectives were. 

LBC had a 20 year plus serving doorman on who confirmed that the neck hold (a favourite with parents across the world) is actually their trained response - it's not harmful to the recipient, it keeps them at distance from you and it controls the head (move / guide the head and the body follows).

I am genuinely at a loss as to what the fuss is about.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was very unreasonable after all they did announce that they were from green peace. Say what you like about terrorists but they’d never fib, would they?

mind you, if I wanted to help prevent a climate emergency, I’d start by not buying a load of new red dresses and not driving people across London.

Edited by SpringDon

13 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I am genuinely at a loss as to what the fuss is about.

The fuss is because they are a load of lefty snowflakes (a type loved by the media) who did it deliberately for publicity are are milking it for every ounce they can get - and he is a Tory minister (a type derided by some of the media)- and so a very easy target at present.  The various opposition parties are milking it for all they are worth as well.

She/they invaded a private dinner with the intention of causing disruption.  He firmly, but with no injury or even bad language ejected her without harm.  There is no need for any fuss. 

Now had it been a person protesting about anti Semitism at a dinner where John McDonnell was speaking - we would never have heard about it.

I agree it seemed a proportional response to a potential threat - if a BNP type had stormed a meeting the reporting and reaction would have been very different

With the current carte blanche for lobbing stuff over politicians I would deal with it similarly - For anyone who doesn't see anything wrong with lobbing a milkshake over anyone, politician or otherwise you might try imagining how you would feel if for example an anti chucked milkshake over you. I can't imagine you'd conclude they were justified!

2 hours ago, Cranfield said:

I thought his actions were totally over the top, we are not talking about an armed terrorist, it was a middle aged woman.
They carried no banners, milkshakes, or other possible weapons, just shouting slogans.
He had plenty of time to see her coming and gauge the threat, on the video he comes across as an aggressive bully . I would be surprised if he gets away with no action being taken.
You also have to ask where the Mansion House security were.

I am not a supporter of Greenpeace, but I have appreciated the right to protest in the past, notably the Countryside March in 2002.

I will say that you are the one who is wrong!

The smirk on her face that what my wife just pointed out, is one thing Second is that she was making a direct beeline to the Chancellor when her compatriots, were being ushered out from their heckling at the back of the room.

Im disappointed that he felt the need to apologise for his actions.

Edited by Jaymo

So if I find an uninvited guest in my house at a private function and ask her to leave and use appropriate force to eject her, I'm liable to be prosecuted for assault.!!!!!

Mark Field saw a possible threat to the P M and took action in a manner which is approved in schools etc to eject unruly students.

The PM proving another faux pas by suspending him before an investigation adding to the Brexit failure and as Home Secretary making Police officers retire after thirty years which was proved to ageism.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum !!!!!!

What I thought was interesting was the expression on Mr Field's face as he turns to confront the intruder - A look of someone who has had enough and actually wants to do something? 10 out of 10 to him! The BBC have again shown their love of the lefties with a rather heated exchange with Peter Bottomley which the latter handled very well.

1 minute ago, CaptC said:

What I thought was interesting was the expression on Mr Field's face as he turns to confront the intruder - A look of someone who has had enough and actually wants to do something? 10 out of 10 to him! The BBC have again shown their love of the lefties with a rather heated exchange with Peter Bottomley which the latter handled very well.

? Are you forgetting the equally robust exchange with the perps? 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

? Are you forgetting the equally robust exchange with the perps? 

No, I do not think that there was a "robust exchange" with the intruder who was not, as far as I could see, being physical just verbal. What the other's were doing was probably a little more active. 

When there are thousands of UK residents literally on the breadline and no hope whatsoever I find these people very annoying as it's a case of "Look at me" and producing nothing!

While Mark Field is serving his suspension and in return for her kind suggestion that he should attend anger management classes, perhaps the good Ms Barker  could do some voluntary work in one on HM's facilities so that when she spends some time in one which is probably now inevitable should she repeat anything akin to last night's episode, she'll know what to expect.

3 hours ago, CaptC said:

No, I do not think that there was a "robust exchange" with the intruder who was not, as far as I could see, being physical just verbal. What the other's were doing was probably a little more active. 

When there are thousands of UK residents literally on the breadline and no hope whatsoever I find these people very annoying as it's a case of "Look at me" and producing nothing!

I was referring to the the exchange on the Radio with the protesters which was equally robust, as the exchange with Peter Bottomley, showing an even handed BBC rather than the 'love of the lefties' you described. 

@MarkFieldUK Sir you stopped a potential bomber.  I don't understand how security let her through.  Just because she is a UK born person does not mean she is a potential acid attacker or bomber.  We are a democracy so is it fine to act as a potential bomber.  God save the Queen.

top bloke standing up and sorting a threat while others looked on, given everything going on these days with terrorist attacks ,acid attacks ,possible stabbing ,  many others needed to grow a pair and help him,    maybe society is the way it is with feral youths and gangs as nobody wants to get involved leave it to the police    a bloke protect others and gets ridiculed for it 

uninvited guests and still victims I despair

If anyone were to think that the actions of these women was justified and that his response was OTT, they should try barging their way in to any nightclub in the country 'as a protest against "whatever" ..'   I can just see the (trained, and these days qualified and  registered) door-staff (known as 'bouncers' for a reason) entering into dialogue to discuss the issues and come to a peaceful resolution to the event whereby all parties have an equal say in the matter.

NOT !

Forcing an entry into private property and aggressively approaching senior members of government would result in 'bang, bang, flop' in probably 90% of countries on the planet.

Also, having worked in the security industry for many years I'd like think that whoever was supposedly in charge of security at the event is 'signing on' this morning.