License upgrade

Datum

You need a Firearm certificate for a section 1 shotgun . You will need to show good reason - e.g PSG, or  avian pest control , ask also for clay shooting to be put on for practice (some clay grounds only allow you to load 2 shots even if it's FAC .)

It may also be sensible to have them co -terminus in the future which is cheaper when you renew.

Had semi autos and pumpers for the last 45yrs and honestly cannot ever remember firing more than three shots in a string. Personally I would think converting to FAC would not be worth the troublebut as said above put forward the good reason then there is no reason why you should not get one put on your FAC.

Make your application and you will soon be advised by your local FEO.

on edit .. just remembered I did have access to a five shot back in the late 50s ...so extend that 45yrs to 60yrs

Edited by Walker570

43 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Had semi autos and pumpers for the last 45yrs and honestly cannot ever remember firing more than three shots in a string. Personally I would think converting to FAC would not be worth the troublebut as said above put forward the good reason then there is no reason why you should not get one put on your FAC.

Make your application and you will soon be advised by your local FEO.

on edit .. just remembered I did have access to a five shot back in the late 50s ...so extend that 45yrs to 60yrs

I do a bit of PSG so that would be my reason, I don’t plan on getting super competitive at it and I’m not a fan of extended mags but 5 shots would be handy for poppers etc but I’m weighing up whether it’s worth all the extra faff of FAC. 

7 hours ago, Datum said:

I do a bit of PSG so that would be my reason, I don’t plan on getting super competitive at it and I’m not a fan of extended mags but 5 shots would be handy for poppers etc but I’m weighing up whether it’s worth all the extra faff of FAC. 

Hah!  Practical shotgun. Gotcha. In that case a good reason to apply. Best of luck and have fun.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Hah!  Practical shotgun. Gotcha. In that case a good reason to apply. Best of luck and have fun.

It seems then you have to have both FAC & SGC which I can only assume is another money making exercise because all your shotguns could be easily held on the FAC whether section 1 or 2 they’re all guns. 

Edited by Datum

44 minutes ago, Datum said:

It seems then you have to have both FAC & SGC which I can only assume is another money making exercise because all your shotguns could be easily held on the FAC whether section 1 or 2 they’re all guns. 

On an Fac each slot is allocated a gun. 

On a Sgc you can just go out and by whatever gun you fancy, in tha caliber of your choice. 

Basically sgc is a lot more flexible. 

On 21/06/2019 at 22:20, manthing said:

On an Fac each slot is allocated a gun. 

On a Sgc you can just go out and by whatever gun you fancy, in tha caliber of your choice. 

Basically sgc is a lot more flexible. 

Well I reckon the whole setup is ****** and it should be modelled on the DVLA - have a little plastic photo FAC with your entitled categories on the back like a driving license all linked to a central headquarters and every gun has a V5. None of this one force follows HO guidelines and one makes up its own rules malarkey and the doctors’ meal ticket fixed and made part of the application fee. Job done. 

On 21/06/2019 at 22:31, Datum said:

Well I reckon the whole setup is ***** and it should be modelled on the DVLA - have a little plastic photo FAC with your entitled categories on the back like a driving license all linked to a central headquarters and every gun has a V5. None of this one force follows HO guidelines and one makes up its own rules malarkey and the doctors’ meal ticket fixed and made part of the application fee. Job done. 

Agree with what you're saying matey. 

On 21/06/2019 at 11:16, CharlieT said:

No land or territorial restrictions for a shotgun.

Just good reason to possess.

I had to provide land for mine. I told him it’s the same as a sec 2 but he wouldn’t listen 

24 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I have one and use it at farms that have corvids issues, find it handy.. 

Don’t forget the smile factor involved 

On 23/06/2019 at 22:17, ShootingEgg said:

When I had my sx3 changed, I said it was for flock Control, the shotgun sits on both licenses. So if granted you will have it as a shotgun on the sgc and then As a selflaoding firearm on that cert. 

How does that work? Either something is S1 or it isn't. 

Surely flock control was added as a condition to the FAC? 

3 minutes ago, Lord v said:

How does that work? Either something is S1 or it isn't. 

Surely flock control was added as a condition to the FAC? 

Turns out it was a mess up their end (FLD). As I found out yesterday when they called to ask if I had two as they saw it on both. They printed my licences.. They printed them wrong. It does as you say move over on to the FAC. 

On 21/06/2019 at 10:47, oowee said:

You will have to get land signed off too if its your first FAC with a 686 form. 

I had to have a signed off bit of land for the grant, but then had it put on my fac that i can use it on any land i have permission on.