525 Top barrel not firing

Taileron

A few months back I took my work group out for a day on the clays, a couple of this group now have the bug and have bought guns or have license applications in for consideration. A good friend bought himself a 525 ( which he is annoyingly good with out of the box )

My question is that of late, my friends 525, on 3-4 occasions it won’t fire the top barrel. There is no pattern to when, just entirely random. He is using power blues/ English sporters. Using my limited O/U knowledge I’m guessing the sear is not moving over for whatever reason. The gun is brand new so covered by warranty, is it a common fault that will clear over time or does it require dealer intervention? Would switching to top first aid the break in period for the trigger assembly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

54 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Is this after firing the bottom barrel  -  a common problem is not fully releasing the trigger to allow reset.  I had this problem a few times when I started with  a single trigger gun.

Mate had exactly this too with his 525

Many Thanks for the responses.

I have spoken to my oppo and it seems highly likely he is not fully releasing the trigger based on the experiences mentioned above. Hopefully this will be the cause of the issue and prevent him having to hand his gun into the dealer for warranty work.

Very much appreciated 

My Miroku did exactly the same thing it ended up being a problem with the inertia block not resetting for the second shot. Bear in mind also that these guns need the trigger to be fully released before each shot. Riding the trigger is a common problem that can cause the same problem. 

Twenty years ago a friends son, brought up on sxs double triggers, went to college and came home wanting ou 20b same as all his new friends. Bought himself a nice Beretta. After two seasons shooting he had failed to ever get the second barrel to fire. There was nothing wrong with the gun, both his father and myself could fire it no problem. The lad sold it on and went back to two triggers.

3 hours ago, London Best said:

Twenty years ago a friends son, brought up on sxs double triggers, went to college and came home wanting ou 20b same as all his new friends. Bought himself a nice Beretta. After two seasons shooting he had failed to ever get the second barrel to fire. There was nothing wrong with the gun, both his father and myself could fire it no problem. The lad sold it on and went back to two triggers.

I should think so too. Sensible lad. :whistling: