This is what we're up against.

Rewulf

A child has been shot with 'bullets' by his teacher. 

Apparently he asked for it... 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1143566/manchester-news-teacher-shot-pupil-air-rifle-injured-cheshire-school

Described as an 'air rifle' then an air soft gun, it appears the kid received some red marks, and probable PTSD... 

The teacher displayed some questionable judgment apparently😂

Funny i was just having a conversation yesterday about one of our old teachers, he brought a shotgun into school during an environmental study class. In front of the class he went through the parts of the shotgun and then onto the cartridge, broke it up and explained the parts, then asked all in the class if it was safe. 90% raised their hands and agreed , he then loaded the cartridge and fire off the primer. talk about jumping. We then went out into the field and had a demo of how a shotgun groups as he shot at a large piece of paper (what i now realize was sort of a pattern target) 

Just imagine if this had been in today,s class room. 

The reporters should really have a little education as to what is a pellet gun,and what  uses powder as a propellant. But then it wouldnt sound so exiting  for the readers would it

That was the most terrible report ive ever read .good heavens if you know absolutely nothing about what you are writing .DONT .

As for the teacher well .

Probably not the best decision of his life .but airsoft guns are actually designed to be shot at each other. (With correct face protection ) there is a massive industry surrounding it .

So to make a huge hoohaar over it is just blatant sensationalism .

My father can from the hills of Appalachia.  He would cut the mountain to hunt on the way to and from school.  I saw a picture of his 5th grade class and there was a gun rack in his class with about 7 long guns.  Guns had to be unloaded when on school grounds and wasn’t allowed to be loaded until the student got out of the building.  He call those rules draconian!  Lol.  

Get the reporter and shoot them with it, they can see just how lame their reporting is.

As for the teacher fair play to him they're not little children but teenagers.  What next no running around or playing sport or gloves must be worn when handling paper.

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

I shot both my kids with BB guns when they were smaller, and they returned fire. We used to call it ‘playing’. 

I shot my brother with my air rifle about 55 years ago. We were playing too. He still carries the scar 😁

The sad thing, leave aside the apparant ignorance (or political motivation?) of the author, is that those unfamiliar with guns and shooting will believe this carp, unfortunately people who know nothing about guns and shooting are massively in the majority!

This isn't journalism, its at best irresponsible, or at worst deliberately trying to influence the masses using misinformation and political propaganda..........remind you of anyone?

I was suspended from school for flicking an airrifle pellet at a mate. I got to school and found I’d got a box of marksman pellets with a few left . I threw/flicked one at my mate. I was seen and suspended from school .

they said it was very serious as it was airrifle pellets . I told them without the gun they are no more than a piece of lead 

28 minutes ago, das said:

The picture of the rifle in the Express is not an Airsorft gun IMHO, looks to be a break barrel air rifle

That's not the gun used, its a random example gun, just to keep everything factual 🤣

Could have been worse, could have used a pump action 12g as example pic, that would have raised a few eyebrows! 

2 hours ago, amateur said:

I shot my brother with my air rifle about 55 years ago. We were playing too. He still carries the scar 😁

Same

Playing cow boys with bsa superstars

Had to dig it out my ankle and lie to mum why I had a fist size bruise and a hole from a 'rusty nail' 😂

Also in college we ALWAYS had airsoft fights in lessons. Anybody sat in front with big ears got it. 

Even the teacher turned a blind eye to it as long as he didnt recieve a round 

Anyone remember the western six shooters with the solid plastic bullets ,spring loaded evil bruise lumpers ,they got banned for elf n safety .Clackers and handbangers by eck we had some dangerous fun  back then .Peashooters using dried peas ard as marbles nowadays its full body armour and a force field just to play conkers if your school hasnt already banned them :no:

When I first asked for an air rifle, back in 1960, Dad slowly lowered his newspaper and peered over the page at me. After what seemed like an age he said, “alright, but you have got to learn to use it properly, there will be no messing about and no pointing it at ANYBODY, even if it’s not loaded.” 

What a difference from some of the stories above.

Thanks Dad.

38 minutes ago, London Best said:

When I first asked for an air rifle, back in 1960, Dad slowly lowered his newspaper and peered over the page at me. After what seemed like an age he said, “alright, but you have got to learn to use it properly, there will be no messing about and no pointing it at ANYBODY, even if it’s not loaded.” 

What a difference from some of the stories above.

Thanks Dad.

I had similar 

punctuated with 

if I even half see you point it at anyone I’ll smash it over the nearest fence post!!!!