England v Cameroon women's football today!

panoma1

Just watched the horrific display of indicipline, bad sportsmanship, dirty play, dissent and physical assault of the England players by the Cameroon team, the referee was a waste of space, she hadn't got a clue how to control the match, she let the Cameroon players off with aggressive dissent (they argued and refused to accept every descision that went against them) and violent conduct which allowed the match descend into anarchy, she should have sent off at least four of the Cameroon players off! One English player was blatantly and deliberately elbowed in the face, another was lucky not to have her leg broken after a Cameroon player deliberately followed through after losing the ball!....only to have the Cameroon captain run up to her whilst she was lying on the pitch writhing in pain, screaming and gesticulating aggressively in her face!

The Whole Cameroon team and management should be banned from international football matches until they can show self discipline, sportsmanship and play the game fairly, not as a bunch of thugs!

Forgot the closeup of an England player wiping gob off her arm, disgusting behaviour! If the bitch had spat on me, I would have resisted the temptation to stamp all over her face and immediately reported it to the referee and insisted she be sent off!

Rant over!

Edited by panoma1

I can't argue with any of this. It was appalling. An absolute disgrace. The referee was dire, but some self respect from the Cameroon players should have sorted out their end, at least. So... not spitting on players, or elbowing them in the head, or stamping on ankles, or refusing to play because you don't like a correct decision...

It was a poor display from the Cameroons, just an amateurish group, badly managed.
Even with VAR so many of the off the ball incidents went unpunished.
In the end the referee was acting as a diplomat (trying to prevent a war, or walk off), not as a referee.
It will be interesting to see if there is any follow up discipline.

I think the VAR was in part a contributing factor to frustrations, all the right decisions, but it took so much time , I believe there was a total of over 30 mins of extra time in the game.

Just look at the demeanour of the Cameroon players and manager, right from the off they were out for a war, not to compete fairly, but to win by any means! Then when they were failing crying, losing their tempers, intimidation, aggression, assault......then finally claiming racism!

Just pathetic really!......

This year is the first time my wife has watched any football and has enjoyed it, as have I.Better than watching men’s football. But Cameroon game has spoiled it for all the above reasons.

Womens game has come on leaps and bounds in recent years.

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

I agree, the women's teams show a lot more commitment to the game and don't look perpetually bored with the whole thing like the men.  

Yes, agreed, the men could learn a lot, maybe a change of manager to put some spine into their bored  careless attitudes?

4 hours ago, old man said:

Yes, agreed, the men could learn a lot, maybe a change of manager to put some spine into their bored  careless attitudes?

Players today are paid too much, they are not hungry for it. Although I am not in any way a Spurs fan one of my enduring heros was Jimmy Greaves, back in the 60s he was the first division's top goal scorer six seasons in a row. In those days  a first division player was only paid approx. twice what a postman would earn but without the pension. Hard to believe now

The manager of Spurs put a secret £10 win bonus on top of the players wages and that alone was enough to propel Tottenham to the top of the first division year on year. It was secret because I don't think (without checking) it was allowed back then. So probably paid as brown envelopes or "boot money" as it came to be known

But as Jimmy said later, I needed that money so badly I just had to win and he and the rest of the team the same, they played their hearts out every game. It brought success but it also brought great football.

People today would be shocked if they knew how little some of the greats of that era actually earned.