Gun Cabinet Recommendations

Marccus

I’ve got a cheaper one off EBay, think it’s GMK or similar, 5 gun, and a 5 gun brattonsounds I already had. 

Much prefer the cheaper one, doors not as thick, much bigger front opening and you have more room to get guns in and out without bumping and banging them on the metal sides leaving dings in the stock. 

I have a Brattonsound 5 gun extra deep with lockable top and two older 7 gun cabinets by Clay Shooters  Supplies of Market Harborough, one with lockable top and one with top shelf. The Brattonsound is not in the same league as the others. They are deeper, higher, much wider (ok, 7 gun not 5), easier to access through wider doors and far roomier than their stated capacity. Unlike the Brattonsound which is awkward to get guns in and out of and very cramped for it’s rated size. Overall, I would not buy Brattonsound again.

12 hours ago, London Best said:

..... and two older 7 gun cabinets by Clay Shooters  Supplies of Market Harborough, one with lockable top and one with top shelf.

I also have a large Clays Shooter Supplies cabinet.  Excellent and well arranged to get guns in and out without damage, but not wasting space either.  It is my second having traded an earlier smaller one (which I outgrew) to the present one - which has been faultless for over 20 years.  Uses 2 x standard Chubb type (now branded Union I believe) British Standard approved locks.  All good locksmiths know and service/supply spares for these (though I have never needed any).  Heavy high quality steel construction.  My FEO has been very complimentary about the construction which is apparently heavier (thicker steel) than many he sees.

I did once need a locksmith for my first Clay Shooters Supplies cabinet when I lost the keys (on the same ring as Land Rover and house keys). I could narrow down the lost keys to somewhere in about 2000 acres! Naturally, I couldn’t remember the “safe place” where the spare keys were hidden. It cost me £150 for the locksmith to come out and fit two new locks. And, yes, I did eventually find the spare keys, of course! Incidentally, I have had that first cabinet since 1978.

I have spread out over a few properties Brattonsound take downs and a full size 5 gun, a large INFAC which has a multi point locking mechanism and then the Titan cabinet form the ’Bespoke Gun Cabinet company’ which Uses the 14 gun Brattonsound I believe but as it’s ‘flocked’ I can’t see any details - on detail I really know about it was the impact to the old bank balance.

Each feo always comment on it though and it’s like a piece of furniture so not hidden away in the the usual manner.

Dont really rhink you can go wrong with any of them these days 

Hi 

A friend of mine new to clay shooting needs a cabinet. Anyone got any suggestions for a cabinet that will hold a shotgun with 32" barrels (probably 33" with extended chokes) without breaking the gun down. I have had mine for years now but when I upgraded to a new 32" gun I found it wouldn't go in the cabinet without breaking it down which is a pain really.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Edited by crj007