Shooting pigeons over failed rape

JMsTV

1 hour ago, kernel gadaffi said:

In 50 years of shooting, I've never seen a better dog than yours, simply superb.

It was a good video and it was kind of him to share it , as for the dog , there is no way I would let my dog run in after every shot , the main reason is I would find it dangerous when taking crossing shots , I don't mind mine going after birds on my right or left when I am shooting over tall crops but I would expect mine to stay in the hide while shooting in front over decoys , everyone to there own and if he is happy for his dog to run in and retrieve every bird then so be it .

4 hours ago, kernel gadaffi said:

In 50 years of shooting, I've never seen a better dog than yours, simply superb.

Lovely little dog and I’m sure he’s the apple of the owners eye, but it does make me wonder if you’ve even seen any other dogs 🤷‍♂️ 

A hide dog for most would be expected to sit and wait until told to retrieve. 

That dog just cracks me up....brilliant. 😀

I'd agree with Cranfield here; my Border would just take off as soon as the bird was hit and on its way down. Mates and me would sometimes stand in the bottom of a hawthorn hedge which ran the length of an old railway, with our backs to the hedge. The crows would come over the hedge from behind, but they never came as a surprise as my Border was already in the field and would take off in the direction they were flying, just waiting for them to come down! Great fun. 

I would often shoot bolting rabbits with her in hot pursuit also. Like Cranfield said, owners get used to their dogs habits ( even bad ones🙂 ) and act accordingly.