FLD

Got a call today about my renewal. Asking why I'd not added a SG to my renewal.. I part ex'd that SG in Jan 2017 and the RFD had sold it within a few months.. Its crazy how after the paperwork I'd of sent in, and the RFD would of also sent docs in, oh and when they then sold it again... Yet for the last 2.5 years I've suposidly owned it... 

Happens all the time, i keep records of everything I have bought and sold for years now and have had questions that I can answer going back 4 odd years.

It would appear that the Firearms Licencing Team are quite used to amending their records to make things balance.

It seems a lot of police firearms departments record keeping is.....let's say......less than perfect! On several occasions I have properly and promptly advised them of the sale of a gun.....only for the FLO to ask where the gun is, come renewal time!.....then I have had to prove I have informed them! I am tempted, should the question arise in the future, to not do so, to see what action? If any they take? Secure in the knowledge that I will be able to prove my case at a time of my choosing!

I too keep copies of everything!

2 minutes ago, landrover said:

We send the firearms dept every thing recorded delivery and keep the slip, same with anything to do with the dvla

But that only proves that they recieved something, it doesn't show any detail of transactions or movements.

7 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

What worries me most is that they potentially have no idea where that is, if used for something illegal I'd have to prove I've not got it etc. 

You are indeed correct, it could go very pear shaped. All of the Police Forces Licensing Departments have suffered with record keeping for a long time, since well before the massive manpower cuts, so it will only get worse!

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You are indeed correct, it could go very pear shaped. All of the Police Forces Licensing Departments have suffered with record keeping for a long time, since well before the massive manpower cuts, so it will only get worse!

Not the first time either, when I had my FAC granted I went co term, 1 sold SG on my cert and two of never owned..