Tikka knocks another :)

tikkamark

Champion stuff Mark, well done indeed, good pest control. <_<:lol:

Frank.

Thanks frank i try my best to outsmart the foxes there tricky enough to get during the day its just down to luck really if you see them out and about but you cant beat looking at them through the binos or scope lovely animal :good: Thanks to all for your comments ;)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say i cant belive the quality of the kahles scope thats sitting on my tikka :( I went out after work this evening with my tikka was not feeling the greatest so went out for a sit with the gun i find it the best sort of therapy would not have cared if i didnt see anything just to be out is good enough for me :lol: Anyway after a lot of waiting in this spot on top of a hill without seeing much i gave a few calls with my hand nothing budged in front but as usual when i looked behind me a fox was sitting watching me :yes: Wasnt even going to try to swing the gun around as he took off like a train :lol: Didnt see much after that so i headed back to the car walking up the lane i looked across the hedge and there was two foxes out feeding :lol: I crept up to a gap in the hedge and got out into the field twigs braking everywhere :lol: could not have made more noise if i tried!The foxes seemed to have had enough of that and trotted off was gettin very dull at this stage could barely see i got down and waited a bit and sure enough one came back in(only seen her in the scope could not see her at all with my eyes on there own)was a safe shot as there was a good large hill behind her i put crosshair on her neck and squeezed down she went i even had a bit of a job to find her in the short cut grass it was that dull found her 100yrds away.Pic is very poor as i didnt have a lamp so had to use car lights instead,50grn american eagle made a right mess.

duskfox.jpg

Ah fine therapy :P

Bet you felt better after that :huh:

Good shooting Mark :)

GH

I have to say grasshopper it felt great you cant beat going out for a few hours with the gun just to get away from the rushing and racing of life its even better when you bag something in the process :good: Was a lovely evening weather wise yesterday the spot i was sitting out with the rifle is surrounded by a load of rabbit warrens as i was sitting in the one spot hardly moving the rabbits came out to feed happy as larry as i sat only feet away from them also seen a barn owl too not to often i see them round here amazing what goes on in the wild when you have the time to observe it ;)

I got one vixon this evening this is my third evening outing trying to get the ****** but persistance paid off :lol: i set up on the side of a hill with a long wood behind me and a wood in front of me with a large valley in between which a lot of fox traffic does use i seen one fox very early only just sat down at about 8.00pm and a big dog fox came trotting through the valley but something spooked him and he ran off :blush: Half a hour passed and seen nothing so i was eyeing up a rabbit in the distance fairly far a lovely shot if i could pull it off :rolleyes: but was stuck in 2 minds on one hand if i fire i could terrify any nearby foxes on the other i thought there only was the one fox in that spot so i said id give the rabbit a go took plenty of time and fired killed the rabbit and sure enough foxy was behind the bush only 20 yards away :( B) :mad: she ran in front of me but did not have a notion where the shot had come from and was stopped for a second looking around she heard me reload and ran directly away i followed her in the scope hoping she would stop she did and a 50grn american eagle was sent on its way knocked her flat not a twitch was a very old vixon very few teeth in her head and very ragged coat she lived a good long life i think her time wasnt far off anyway :lol: rabbit was 250yrds paced happy to knock it at that range :lol:

The spot where the cattle are sniffing is the were the fox dropped fox appeared just at the bush in front of rifle

firingspot.jpg

vixonandrabbit.jpg

also seen this chap on way back to the car got very close they have very poor eyesight :P

brock1.jpg

second pic of brock

brock2.jpg

Mark

well done mark - nice range on that rabbit mate - where did you get that comb raiser from?:rolleyes:

That's the tactical tikka t3 which comes with adjustable cheek piece

great shooting, excellent shot placement on the fox.

That's one fat rabbit aswell

TOP MAN :rolleyes: :(

Well placed bullet. B)

That rifle is one accurate mother. :lol::blush:

Your consistancy is paying off big time Mark, keep it up and the best of luck. :mad:

I might hopefully get down to ye all this weekend, for a spot of ferreting ect. :lol:

All the best,

Frank.

well done mark - nice range on that rabbit mate - where did you get that comb raiser from?:lol:

As vegeta said tulky it comes standard on the t3 tacticals once you set it up for yourself they are a great job you can get very comfortable with the rifle :lol: They adjust upwards in 5mm incriments with a click as you pass each one i think it can raise up 25mm or so then you lock it with that **** on the side of the stock :lol:

TOP MAN :lol::lol:

Well placed bullet. :)

That rifle is one accurate mother. :yes::D

Your consistancy is paying off big time Mark, keep it up and the best of luck. :good:

I might hopefully get down to ye all this weekend, for a spot of ferreting ect. ;)

All the best,

Frank.

She is very accurate alright frank it shoots very well with the american eagles i have just a few left i will put a few federal power shocks down through it next and see what it thinks of them :yes: That shot was taking in a bit of a rush but it still hit the vixon spot on,even surprised myself with the shot at the rabbit if i had a rangefinder id push it out further but think 250 is about my limit without it :lol:;) Hopefully you make it down frank id say saturday would be best as myself and daniel have to go to a clay shoot on sunday for his gun club should be a bit of craic! ;)

Mark

Cracking stuff again Mark...good shot placement and it was rushed ;)

Your getting rather good at this shooting malarky :yes: :o

GH

Thanks grasshopper it takes plenty of patience to get them in the evening time and a couple of trips without firing a shot but when a fox shows up it makes it all worth while :look: The shot was took fairly quick the fox only stopped for a second and i knew it would not stop again as it was about to enter the wood on the far side as it had done the previous evening the hole you see is the exit it actually went in sweetly just behind the front leg getting on very well with my t3 :D

Hello again,i went out for a sit with the rifle this evening in a spot that a mate of mine has lost a lot of lambs to foxes in spring this year they took a total of 15 lambs on him needless to say he wasnt a happy camper :yahoo: I was waiting for around an hour on a nice big hill overlooking a large swipe of land then spotted a vixon a long way out in the field a quick look through the scope confirmed it was heading in my general direction :unsure: She kept coming but was getting very near a ditch and if she got to that without stopping she was gone so i had to give a quick squeal to stop her she stopped in her tracks lovely for a shot but the squeal worked a bit to well as she started to come in like a train :whistling: I was lying prone on a sort of flat on top of the hill with the crest of the hill about 20yrds in front of me so i knew she would appear very close too close for comfort really but nothing i could do could not move as i never knew when she would appear(fox is in valley out of site)i waited and waited thought she had gone then suddenly right in front of me foxy is staring straight at me heart really pounding at this stage :shifty: I put crosshair in center of its chest and knock her,VERY loud thump fox was only 19 yards away the bullet totally emptyed her chest cavity and exited back near her back legs.This vixon is number 54 since february tikka is certainly earning its keep :angry:

19yards.jpg