Tikka knocks another :)

tikkamark

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Nice one.

Like to have seen the fella who resaerches them when he picked that one up :lol:

Job done for him already. :lol:

How was the clay shoot Mark?

Frank.

Clay shoot went well frank got 140 out of 150 on the dtl shoot so happy with that the ducks had better start worrying :lol:

Nice work Mark, what did she have for brekkie then? :lol:

He,s not to sure but she had lead for supper :lol:

Bet that got your blood pressure up a bit :P nicely done :)

GH

There was'nt a whole lot left to examine bullet did a serious amount of damage at that range B) It really gets the heart pounding alright could not belive how close she was if it was a bit brighter i dont think she would have stood at all so i was lucky in a way that she turned up at the time she did :lol:

tulkyuk i think i should have let her in another 9yrds just to be sure :) The intention was never to call her in just gave a sqeal just to stop her as she was walking along at a perfect distance of about 150yrds usually they do stop and look but this one must have been fairly hungry as she just came racing in but luckly it worked out well :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening pw folks i went out for a solo shine with my scope-mounted light last night to a spot just outside my hometown its a number of massive wheat stubble fields there must easly be 1500acres there in total and the good part is i have permission for the whole lot :lol: Anyway i drove into the farmers yard parked up and set off down the track alongside the fields i made it down about 50yrds from the yard and spotted foxy number1 on the track about 200 odd yards in front i got down and had a look at him but as he was very content i said i would try and get a little closer as i made my way down to him he walked to my left and around a hedge into the next field i eventually made it to the spot where he was standing and gave a blast of the light around the corner i dont think i was prepared for the amount of foxes that i saw :lol: 5 of them scattered around the field :lol: the fox i was after was only 30yrds away but tucked in behind some uncut wheat that was still standing tall the only patch in one very big field typical :) so my tatic was to keep close to the hedge and walk up the sloped field in front of me and get above him i now had a good vantage point over the fox which was now making its way back in the opposite direction i got down and gave a squeal....he likes that and comes bouncing in all the way to 30yrds and stopped and looked back i settled on the back of its neck as i couldnt see his chest bullet flattened him a nice big dog with a now messed up jaw from the exiting bullet

hillofward1.jpg

I cut that fellas tail and headed up the hill to the top at this stage the rest of the foxes took off into the surrounding fields i look down in one corner and a nice shiny pair of eyes was slowly making its way towards me i got down and watched its progress all the way from about 400yards to 140yards never really stopping the whole way in but unfortunatly for the fox nature called and it had to to its buisness as you can see in the photo ;) as it was hunched up under pressure i settled my kahles on his shoulder and squeezed crack...thump :blink: nice and quiet lovely.The fox was another nice dog i cut the tail and called it a night as i had to be up early enough in the morn but i will definitly be back in there some night to see can i catch up with the rest :lol: Bullets used tonight were hornady 55gr v-max moly coated they certainly do the job.

hillofward2.jpg

Mark

Nice work Mark :) Could you not have let that second fella take a dump in peace :blink: I'd love it if there were some big fields down here like ye have up that side of the country, must be great foxing ground altogether :lol:

It had to be done john it was the only time he actually stopped ;) There is a load of ground like that round me a lot of tillage fields which the foxes are attracted to like glue for some reason unfortunatly the pheasants are taking a hammering from them :lol: You will have to tip down some night and see for yourself your more than welcome it seems im the only one shooting them round this area.

I could see that happening fairly easily Mark! We'll have to put together a foxing A-Team... When Murdock is back in action :blink:

If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find them (the foxes that is!) maybe you can hire............... The A-Team

;):lol::lol: How corny is that...

Murdock had better end his stunt riding days i think hes better at the shooting :lol: ..........very corny :):lol:

great work, those 55gr hornady rounds are sweet but their just bloody expensive

if we could re-load it wouldn't be so bad as the brass is decent quality

The hornadys are seriously accurate alright getting very tight groups with them but surprisingly the american eagles seem to do a lot more damage at €30 euros a box they are fairly expensive but for the accuracy they are worth it i have a pic of a fox here from last week shooting them hornadys i went out with a mate for an hour and called in this dog right to 20yrds but i was lying down on top of a silage bale and just as i was moving the rifle the bipod sliped off the bale :) the fox heard the bipod leg flick back and took off running straight down the field he was running and running then started to trot i followed him right out until he looked back foolishly he was a long way out so i aimed an inch high on his shoulder and squeezed he dropped instantly i said LOVELY and my mate was just about to say did you ge.....THUMP he then said i guess you knocked him them :blink: took ages for the sound to come back we went out and picked up the fox and both of us paced it back silently when we got back i asked him what did he step he paced 230 i got 234 furthest yet ;)

234yardfox.jpg

:lol: thats 1 way to get him to stop...no mercy eh :lol:

You lads must have a fox epidemic over there the amount your getting...not jealous,honestly :lol: B) :rolleyes:

Keep at them and keep posting,cos if i can,t shoot any i,ll just have to settle for reading about them :lol:

Jeff

This year the local population has just exploded whatever the reason i dont know :lol: Its great sport controling them with the rifle but the numbers dont seem to be dropping at all i will be kept busy for the winter months after them.Are you not seeing many of them these days jeff?Up until a couple of weeks back you were getting a good few with the archer unit :lol:

Over the last few years whenever we took a fox out,it only seemed to take about a fortnight for another to move in.This year with the NV we,ve took what we normally get for the year in 6 months so not complaining,there is a few around just not seeing them.Heard 2 barking in the wood the other night but they wouldn,t call out.

Think we,re gonna have a few early morns at them.Love this type of foxing. B)

Perhaps the neighbouring shoot have have actually done some fox control this year,as this is where we used to get the overflow from. :rolleyes:

Jeff

Nice shooting Mark, thats a fair old way at night, great shot :lol:

Thanks lazza :lol: Im trying remington 55grn accu-tips in my t3 now they are something else i was out shooting with a mate this evening shot 4 rabbits at long range them accu-tips dont half expand :lol: Cant wait to have a crack at charlie with them :no: