Indoor Skydiving - wow!

lord_seagrave

As you know, in literally a fortnight, I am to be thrown out of a plane in the name of charity. Because of (or perhaps despite) the kind “reassurance” of you guys and others, I have been having actual nightmares almost every night since I was volunteered for this stupidity.

The ever-practical Lady Seagrave therefore booked me into an indoor(!) skydiving(!) experience, which happens to be pretty much on our doorstep here in MK.

I’ve got to say that it was quite an experience. Essentially, a fan blows air at a high speed up a shaft, into which the victims are pushed, Temple of Doom style, to then “float” in the airstream to simulate freefall. I was pretty anxious, but, in fact, the experience (including getting blown UP about 20’ in the air and dropping back down again) was really quite exciting.

I don’t think I’d go so far as to say I “enjoyed” it, but it certainly was really interesting, and, above all, felt pretty safe :lol:

The place is called iFly. I paid £30 for two 2-minute sessions, and a further £7 to be taken up and down the full height of the shaft (no sniggering at the back).

Will post a picture in a moment.

LS

27471915-19-AE-4-E71-83-FF-193-B1-C70-CD

6-A161-EF5-DC62-454-A-8-F71-2-FDE899-CA8

Edited by lord_seagrave