Farmer Market score

NoBodyImportant

Swung into the Farmers Market to get a watermelon and fishing weights and saw a French Chassepot.  They a super rare over here and happen to been the best looking rifle ever made.  Unfortunately it has the 11mm grass conversion.  I would like a needle fire.  But it’s like 5ft long so I’m going to have to buy a new safe. 😂 Also picked up a flick lock kit gun from the 80s.  

1B936997-EE60-4FFF-8649-0D1559598878.jpeg

1 hour ago, Blackpowder said:

Found Farmers Markets to be expensive at times.

Blackpowder

Ours are pretty neat as the are tax free.  The food is cheaper then the store and lot of people cleaning out their sheds.  I get 1oz fishing weights 10 for a dollar where they are 2 for a dollar at Walmart.  I got a nice axe for $3, a 50ft rope for $2, wool army blanket for a $5.  It was a good trip.  

The kit gun I bought. 

2154F1DF-DA87-4C5B-BC95-0C4E464175EB.jpeg

Ah! My local farmers market........for donkeys years, tradition had it around Christmas Eve, I purchased at auction, fresh poultry (Turkeys) for my family and the outlaws! The outlaws are now mostly deceased..........and the farmers market is now a ******* housing estate! :no:

On 27/06/2019 at 15:49, Diver One said:

In an English farmers  market you'd be lucky to get even the water melon 🍉 

They say you can’t get fat from fruits and vegetables but they never studied me and my watermelon habits. 

43 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Ah! My local farmers market........for donkeys years, tradition had it around Christmas Eve, I purchased at auction, fresh poultry (Turkeys) for my family and the outlaws! The outlaws are now mostly deceased..........and the farmers market is now a ******* housing estate! 

That sucks,  before long you will have to know Spanish to shop at ours.  

13 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Ours are pretty neat as the are tax free.  The food is cheaper then the store and lot of people cleaning out their sheds.  I get 1oz fishing weights 10 for a dollar where they are 2 for a dollar at Walmart.  I got a nice axe for $3, a 50ft rope for $2, wool army blanket for a $5.  It was a good trip.  

The kit gun I bought. 

2154F1DF-DA87-4C5B-BC95-0C4E464175EB.jpeg

Looks as if your Farmer's Markets are akin to Car Boot sales here in Scotland where people sell their unwanted possessions from their cars.

Blackpowder

6 minutes ago, Blackpowder said:

Looks as if your Farmer's Markets are akin to Car Boot sales here in Scotland where people sell their unwanted possessions from their cars.

Blackpowder

Yea something like that.  You pay $8-20 dollars for a space and sell whatever you have.  Everything from goats, cabbage, to old furniture.  But in the last few years it’s becoming a Latino and Asian market full of boot leg CDs, in Chinese knives. But the big draw is still tax free fruit and vegetables, honey, baked goods. Even sketchy seafood in coolers are up for sale.