Dispatching sheep

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Best thing would have been to do it and not say anything, but you have started now so be prepared. 

Or just say you were asking for a friend lol. 

Yeah that’s what I meant lol.

just trying to do it legit dude . I’ve never bothered but I’m asked a lot now. 

Shot quite a few sheep for local farmers. Have always used .22lr subsonic. Well up to the job, BUT, always shoot from behind between the ears to the nose. The animal will go down like a train hit it. If you shoot from in front it is not unknown for the frontal bone to deflect the bullet if no hit square on.

46 minutes ago, Dibble said:

Would you be able to get expanding on your certificate?

Wouldn't a .600 Nitro Express be preferable

Possibly although I doubt it would be granted for human dispatch of a sheep and at £20 a round not really economic 

665A44B3-12DD-49B3-B7C8-D7F8E1DDCF5C.jpeg

Edited by Old farrier

Get a letter from one of your farmers saying you need to have humane dispatch for their livestock. Send this into firearms department asking for humane dispatch adding to license. All straightforward got it conditioned on all of mine

Edited by bumpy22

1 hour ago, bumpy22 said:

Get a letter from one of your farmers saying you need to have humane dispatch for their livestock. Send this into firearms department asking for humane dispatch adding to license. All straightforward got it conditioned on all of mine

That’s what I was thinking. 😎😎

AOLQ should cover this.

Shotgun for sheep. Saying that , I hit a Jacobs tup in the back of the heed with a .222 from 30 yrds and the **** walked of shaking it's head. It never walked from the second shot mind lol.

Get Humane dispatch and add a 9mm semi auto with moderator to yer ticket ! haha.

Edited by Rake aboot
**** spelling

9 hours ago, team tractor said:

That’s what I was thinking. 😎😎

I would think most sensible option mate. I was asked to dispatch a bull that was causing problems with my rifle. I spoke to the firearms department and although it was a grey are they said send a letter in to cover all bases for future incidents.  You should be fine when it's on license