David Beckham kiss

washerboy

25 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I give my dad a hug every day at work. I’m 37 he’s 67. Always grab his head , ruffle his hair and kiss the top of his head.

He’s my dad. 

He’s not very well and I treat every day with  him as a treat . He’s getting older and weaker . 

Sorry your dad not well but keep giving him a hug it's probably the best Medicine he will get, and there's nowt wrong with a kiss for your kids!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, dead eye alan said:

Sorry your dad not well but keep giving him a hug it's probably the best Medicine he will get, and there's nowt wrong with a kiss for your kids!

He’s just worn out we think but a life of dust takes it toll . Nothing confirmed but we notch the difference. 

As a parent I’ve noticed a kiss off your kids is a massive pick me up :) 

Human touch is one of the most uplifting feel good factors we can give each other. OH worked in a hospice for a few years and she is always advocating the positive effects an affectionate touch can impart. 

It works both ways and there's nothing like a good hug, especially from your kids or a loved one. 👍

Edited by Scully

5 hours ago, Scully said:

Human touch is one of the most uplifting feel good factors we can give each other. OH worked in a hospice for a few years and she is always advocating the positive effects an affectionate touch can impart. 

It works both ways and there's nothing like a good hug, especially from your kids or a loved one. 👍

A real smile and hug cant be bought and its laughter that keeps us distinct from other animals.......along with artistic talent and creativity..:yes:

6 minutes ago, ordnance said:

I asked earlier, is there a age were a father kissing their daughter or mother kissing their son on the lips stops being OK.  PS we are not talking hugs or kisses on the cheek etc. 

I should think it would just naturally come to a stop, not directly instigated by any party but the child growing up and it gradually stopping. 

I know fully grown ‘boys and girls’ of middle age who kiss there parents on the lips (mainly girls for some reason) and only occasionally. 

To be honest I have never really batted an eyelid. 

12 minutes ago, ordnance said:

I asked earlier, is there a age were a father kissing their daughter or mother kissing their son on the lips stops being OK.  PS we are not talking hugs or kisses on the cheek etc. 

I’m not sure to be honest, it’s not really something I’ve given much thought to.

The thought of kissing either of my parents on the lips as an adult wouldn’t seem right to me, but that’s just me; we weren’t brought up as a ‘kissy’ family. 

The same wouldn’t apply to kissing my daughter on the lips ( although it would probably embarrass her as she’s 22 ) but I wouldn’t feel right kissing my 19 year old son on the lips.

It’s just an affectionate ‘peck’ anyway isn’t it.....it’s not like there’s snogging and tongues involved! 😂😂😳

Sorry I think its wrong to kiss anyone else but my wife on the lips I agree with Vinnie Jones.

Daughter or granddaughters it's always been a kiss on the cheek or forehead. I don't kiss my 40 year old lad at all.

I suppose somone is going to say I'm a something or other "ism" or "ist" and put me in a category but its just the way I am.

I’m not sure to be honest, it’s not really something I’ve given much thought to.

The thought of kissing either of my parents on the lips as an adult wouldn’t seem right to me, but that’s just me; we weren’t brought up as a ‘kissy’ family. 

Neither have i before i seen the post, maybe its a generational thing depending what way you were brought up. What would seem perfectly normal and acceptable in some families, might not in others. I have no doubt in this instance it was a perfectly innocent show of affection. 

I think it's similar to seeing a child hurt, if the child is alone, I doubt I would approach them now...because onlookers would immediately think.....child molester.....years ago I would have gone to the child's aid!.....sign of the times!

Why does anyone choose to imply Beckham kissing his daughter on the lips is sinister? Rather than choosing to accept its just an innocent, tender moment between father and daughter?......sign of the times! 

3 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Why does anyone choose to imply Beckham kissing his daughter on the lips is sinister? Rather than choosing to accept its just an innocent, tender moment between father and daughter?......sign of the times!

Typical case of "virtue flagging" by the uber liberals (who actually are not)

5 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I think it's similar to seeing a child hurt, if the child is alone, I doubt I would approach them now...because onlookers would immediately think.....child molester.....years ago I would have gone to the child's aid!.....sign of the times!

Bad sign of the times! Nothing wrong in showing emotion in the right sircomstanses,  as ditchey would say let the love flow. To saira of cause.

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Sorry I think its wrong to kiss anyone else but my wife on the lips I agree with Vinnie Jones.

Daughter or granddaughters it's always been a kiss on the cheek or forehead. I don't kiss my 40 year old lad at all.

I suppose somone is going to say I'm a something or other "ism" or "ist" and put me in a category but its just the way I am.

I lost my sister when I was 16 and I’m as close as a family can be.  Never kissed my sister at all. Mum and dad always on the cheek but my 4 year old always does. My older kids get a peck on the head . 

As for wrong tho ??? Kids are kids and they need affection and love. Telling them to turn away and kissing on the cheek is only going to make them feel unloved or not good enough. 

Its each to his his own I admit and stay within your comfort zone. 

13 hours ago, Houseplant said:

I think it depends on the parent and the child. My dad is very English old school. Can't ever remember getting a kiss or hug from him. I kiss my 4 year old boy on the lips all the time. It feels normal. If I turned away, I think he would be quite upset!

And I bet he would too, if you turned away? Good for you!

I did not see anyone suggesting it was sinister, i did see people questioning if it was appropriate. I have read different views some say its OK and some including psychologist say its not. At the end of the day its up to the individual. 

Experts seem divided; in 2010 educational psychologist Charlotte Reznick said, "If you start kissing your kids on the lips, when do you stop? It gets very confusing."

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

I did not see anyone suggesting it was sinister, i did see people questioning if it was appropriate. I have read different views some say its OK and some including psychologist say its not. At the end of the day its up to the individual. 

I didn't write "suggesting" it was sinister, I wrote choose to "imply"

Experts seem divided; in 2010 educational psychologist Charlotte Reznick said, "If you start kissing your kids on the lips, when do you stop? It gets very confusing."

Methinks there are far too many Experts and no one has yet proved them to be right.  It is their considered opinion and they are taught to think different from the rest of us by their peer professionals/tutors.

When my children and their children decide to no longer want to kiss me on the lips - then that will be fine with me: The hug that normally goes with the kiss hopefully will continue though.

No disrespect but sometimes - we have to remember that the Experts are only in that position because they have passed exams of some sort that shows their mentors/tutors that they are following the mores for that profession. How often nowadays do we hear it said that so and so is speaking out of their backside - regardless of their profession.

Just a thought for all us okay folk to keep in mind when showing affection to family members.:good:

Pushkin😎

No disrespect but sometimes - we have to remember that the Experts are only in that position because they have passed exams of some sort that shows their mentors/tutors that they are following the mores for that profession. How often nowadays do we hear it said that so and so is speaking out of their backside - regardless of their profession.

So are the Experts that say its perfectly normal, speaking out their backsides as well. 

Edited by ordnance

Gordon Bennett, what a palaver! 

Wont the child and/or the parent decide at some point that it’s no longer appropriate? Isn’t that what normally happens? My kids used to return my kisses and hold my hand, but as they grew they chose no longer to do either. It’s part of growing up. 

I have no doubt that as we all grow older, and me more and more decrepit, they will come full circle and it will be me whom gets his hand held or a peck on the cheek, while I’m doing the same to my grandchildren. Have we lost all sense of rationality! 

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

Gordon Bennett, what a palaver! 

Wont the child and/or the parent decide at some point that it’s no longer appropriate? Isn’t that what normally happens? My kids used to return my kisses and hold my hand, but as they grew they chose no longer to do either. It’s part of growing up. 

I have no doubt that as we all grow older, and me more and more decrepit, they will come full circle and it will be me whom gets his hand held or a peck on the cheek, while I’m doing the same to my grandchildren. Have we lost all sense of rationality! 

it seems so, as you say things change with time, my niece and nephew always used to give you a hug and kiss, now their ar high school it's a hug and a peck off my niece, probably a hug and a thump off my nephew.

My parents and grandparents always got a hug and a kiss on arriving and leaving.

My kids jump on me try to squeeze till you pop then give me a kiss, fantastic and guaranteed to make me smile.

I'd be more concerned if kids and parents didn't show affection.

Qoute:-

So are the Experts that say its perfectly normal, speaking out their backsides as well. 

Reply:-T

here are more real people in this world other than the Experts and I say we need to listen more often to those people - with a weather eye on what the experts are saying.  Experts in whatever field are those who are lauded and supported by their peers - not the lone wolves who have decided to go it on their own (perhaps attention seeking?).  Let us see how soon a wider audience of Experts respond (if at all to the expert who has put forward this view) I'm not sure how to do this, other than if it is widely reported. Perhaps the comments supplied already on this thread are an indication of what is more normal/accepted in the wider population.

An interesting discussion?

Pushkin:cool:

Edited by Pushkin
Forgot to include Quote comment

Most so called experts are self appointed and as such are experts "in their own mind" only!.....some "experts" are just guessers, opinionated idiots and "blaggers" some, maybe know a bit!........But the only expert worth listening to is one who's knowledge and expertise is science based, and those in the same field (their peers) recognise them as an "expert".....The rest are more than likely blaggers, bluffers, weather forecasters and snake oil salesmen!